Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 millenia and i know that the earlier years have the projector headlights. i was wondering if anyone knows if they can fit on my 99?? i would rather have them. any info would help.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Probably not, because the assembly for the headlight is different on a 98+, than from a 95.

I'd ask Mazda about it, they can let ya know if you talk to their shop guys.. and if they do, try to find one in a salvage yard. Don't buy new!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a 99 millenia and i know that the earlier years have the projector headlights. i was wondering if anyone knows if they can fit on my 99?? i would rather have them. any info would help.
The only way they will fit is to change the whole front end. A friend of mines put a 98 front on his 95 milly. He had to change the whole front end fenders, bumper, lights, grille, support, etc. The choice is yours. I like the projector lights myself.

·
Registered
399 Posts
>> i have a 99 millenia and i know that the earlier years have the projector headlights. i was wondering if anyone knows if they can fit on my 99?? i would rather have them. any info would help. <<

For some reason Mazda Millenia's in Australia all came with projector lights up to the '99 model. I must say, unless you run some very white or very blue light bulbs (or go Xenon conversion), the projectors really make it difficult to appear white. I've tried out a lot of bulbs and unless the bulbs are coated in dark blue, will appear yellowish. Plus the projectors are a bit hard to aim. Heh-heh, I would actually like to convert my headlights to US specs.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think the projectors are the bomb diggity, thats part of the reason why I chose the milly! B)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know specifically what makes the projectors not fit on the mills with the reflector based headlights?

I am asking because the parts list I have found names the hood, fenders, and front bumper as being 95 - 00. The only difference in the grill is the emblem.

Could it be mounting issues and not size?

(ps I want to put them on my 98)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im def down for the projectors %100. i just need to know if they will fit

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Pearl99 you got any picks of your hanabi kit? I saw one on a bimmer but I really want to see one on a millenia.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
32 Posts
What is the difference between projector headlight and reflector headlights? I think the headlights from 99-00 look HELLA better than the old projector headlights. I'd trade if I knew how to remove and replace the shit. (not to mention lazy)
:x :x :x :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :x <_< <_< :ph34r: :ph34r: :x :ph34r: :ph34r: :wacko: :wacko: :x :wacko:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it will work on all years. you can get it done where i work. Unexpected Creations in North Edison, New Jersey. hit me up at [email protected] for more info. i might be selling my Hanabi Kit to upgrade to higher wattage Hanabi. so let me know through email. thanks :D

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Fitment will not be plug-n-play. The projector style headlights on the Millenia look phat with HIDs.................That is the setup I am utilizing.........

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts