Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I live in the Baton Rouge Louisiana area, got a lil truck, trying to fix it up and need help sourcing parts and looking for knowledge in general.
Mostly looking for interior parts, screws clips and the sort…
I’m about to do the front end, ball joints, bushings, manifold (to finish gutting the emission shit)
replacing the carpet and the like.
I’ve heard horror stories about ordering front end parts and the source swears they fit this vehicle but really don’t… someone hit me up so I can have a real conversation…
Thanks,

· Registered
195 Posts
What I usually do, is not look for a "Kit" that includes everything......I will get on RockAuto and try to buy the parts I need from a name brand that you can trust......for the front end stuff, I would try to get Moog, TRW, etc.
On the trim items, clips, etc. you can actually still go to your local Mazda dealer's Parts Department and order a lot of that small stuff from them......and it's brand new then. I always use actual Mazda rubber hoses, like the heater hoses, coolant bypass hoses, etc. when refurbishing the engine compartment.....their factory rubber stuff will last another 20 years, so you won't be replacing them again in 5-10 years like some of the rubber hoses from the box store parts houses! Been there, done that.

After messing with these trucks for many years now, I have a bunch of small used parts, that don't really go "bad" like fasteners and such......I started putting them in screw storage boxes, and have quite the collection now! This is just the tip of a very sick Mazda parts addiction! :) That pic was taken in Oct. 2011.......so, there's a whole bunch more now!

Plant Building Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I usually do, is not look for a "Kit" that includes everything......I will get on RockAuto and try to buy the parts I need from a name brand that you can trust......for the front end stuff, I would try to get Moog, TRW, etc.
On the trim items, clips, etc. you can actually still go to your local Mazda dealer's Parts Department and order a lot of that small stuff from them......and it's brand new then. I always use actual Mazda rubber hoses, like the heater hoses, coolant bypass hoses, etc. when refurbishing the engine compartment.....their factory rubber stuff will last another 20 years, so you won't be replacing them again in 5-10 years like some of the rubber hoses from the box store parts houses! Been there, done that.

After messing with these trucks for many years now, I have a bunch of small used parts, that don't really go "bad" like fasteners and such......I started putting them in screw storage boxes, and have quite the collection now! This is just the tip of a very sick Mazda parts addiction! :) That pic was taken in Oct. 2011.......so, there's a whole bunch more now!

View attachment 11267
Now I don’t feel so bad about some of my, um, ecentricies… lol
Thanks for the advice! I have a direction to go now, I’ll send some pics in a day or two when I get my little rims on…
I’m still looking for someone in the area (if anyone else reads this) I’d love to find a small group of little truck guys…
Thanks…

· Registered
195 Posts
Sometimes, for the factory parts, you can get on Jim Ellis Mazda (in Atlanta) online and look up parts and their Mazda part numbers.......then Google that part number.......other Mazda dealer parts departments will usually have the items cheaper. Sometime Amazon will have a part or two.....Ebay also. So you can then pick and choose (and call your local Mazda dealer's parts department.....you won't get charged shipping with them, typically!) where you want to buy from, once you include their shipping costs.........I have a Rubbermaid storage tote, with ONLY new Mazda parts in it! I have bought them from various Mazda dealerships around the country, as well as my local dealership.

· Registered
241 Posts
I've been OK with front ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. from either O'Reilly, Autozone, or from RockAuto closeouts. I re-did the front suspension on my own 1988 B2200 a year ago, including sway bar bushings and tensioner bushings.

I pulled my stash of interior parts from a U-Pick parts yard a dozen years ago, now B-trucks are super rare here (in parts yards or on the roads). I haven't even seen another B-truck on the road here
in 1.5 years.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh that’s nice! I got a little work to do on mine, need another windshield, just got the rims yesterday and it drives 100% better! I will get some pictures today and send, it’s dark now and I leave for work as it’s getting daylight but I’m always in a rush. Once I get to work I’m swamped and keep forgetting…
The upper and lower control arms are only 50 to 60 dollars each with ball joints. If I knew exactly which parts came with which I would order everything right now but looks like I have to bring it to a shop to know exactly what I need to get.(more money)

· Registered
241 Posts
@Cussboy , is it a 5 speed or automatic?
Mine is 5-speed, power steering, AC, aftermarket tach, 2-row all-aluminum radiator (Arizona, remember) and Redline Weber 32/36 DGEV installed in 2005. I had the engine rebuilt locally with 1-size oversize pistons in Feb. 2020, so that warranty will expire real soon. 240K miles, and mine since Aug. 1994. The wheels are 15" B2600i 4WD that were given to me (originally had the 14" white spoke wheels, mine's an "SE-5".

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Cussboy Replying while eating lunch so I’ll be short but I didn’t know you could add a tac thats why I wanted to see what you had if I bought used cluster how does the Tac get its readings?
I like this idea… I’ll try to be on tonight but we are swamped ATM…

· Registered
241 Posts
A factory cluster with the tachometer will already be wired up for the tach feed, when you plug in the harness. The speedometer cable must be routed to the driver side of a vertical part in the body so it doesn't bind and break.

With an aftermarket tach like mine, the signal comes from the negative terminal of the coil, one would need to run a wire to it. My own tach is mounted to the top of the upper steering column cover. I have a SunPro II tach. Another photo of it.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Cussboy
@Axel Breaker Earl
Sorry guys, I been out of town this week and just got back. I just don’t have time to get on here when I am, by the time I finish work and get back to the motel, get a shower and get something to eat I’m ready for bed!
I went and spent an ungodly amount of money on some sound to put in the damm thing… My niece is going to really shake her head on this one…
She don’t know yet, I hid everything and will install it tomorrow. I had a short weekend last weekend and wasn’t able to. I’ll send pics before, during and after…
A shop is getting the parts to do the front end work so in a week or two I’ll have that done. All I want to do then is get an aftermarket manifold and put a new exhaust on it. Well I do need to get a new clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing also… And u joints, at that point I’ll be good! I figure in 2 to 3 months it will be 100%…

· Registered
1992 Mazda, B2200 ext cab
33 Posts
Id look at the the pacer header instead of an aftermarket manifold.
makes a world of difference, and installation is a breeze, and a nice glaspac will give it a nice rumble...well kinda
bobmo

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Bobmo
Hadn’t started looking yet, really don’t know what I need yet. Lol
Not sure if I want a rumble or quiet…
Never saw a small vehicle with a good sounding pipe. They all sound like a angry bumblebee and that sucks… lol
Been so busy with work lately hadn’t really looked yet but I will need to do something cause I want to get rid of the rest of all that emissions shit. Don’t know what I’m looking at in price either.
If I could get a deep sound out the pipe I would be good with that but I’ve never seen one that sounds good… Guess you need a decent size motor to get a decent sound. Lol

· Registered
195 Posts
Pacesetter Header......

· Registered
1992 Mazda, B2200 ext cab
33 Posts
@Bobmo
Hadn’t started looking yet, really don’t know what I need yet. Lol
Not sure if I want a rumble or quiet…
Never saw a small vehicle with a good sounding pipe. They all sound like a angry bumblebee and that sucks… lol
Been so busy with work lately hadn’t really looked yet but I will need to do something cause I want to get rid of the rest of all that emissions shit. Don’t know what I’m looking at in price either.
If I could get a deep sound out the pipe I would be good with that but I’ve never seen one that sounds good… Guess you need a decent size motor to get a decent sound. Lol
To get a feel for the sound. just break the pipe before the cat. not the bumblebee at all. not a vette or Harley either, but I think you will be pleased.
Bobmo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts