Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1992 b2600i, runs pretty well. However, the ball joints are pretty much all going out on the control arms on both sides. I've been looking for replacements but they are either 1. pretty expensive 2. only for the RWD model (supposedly).

Is there really a difference between the RWD and the 4x4 ball joints?
And I know these are pretty much the same as the Ford Ranger. Can I just use some Ranger ball joints?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got a 1992 b2600i, runs pretty well. However, the ball joints are pretty much all going out on the control arms on both sides. I've been looking for replacements but they are either 1. pretty expensive 2. only for the RWD model (supposedly).

And I know these are pretty much the same as the Ford Ranger. Can I just use some Ranger ball joints?

Thanks
wherer do u live I have a 1991 B2600 .If I cant find a engine I might sell the truck its been sittinghad 108000miles on it was running only drove 2 times last year not it has no compresson on #4 cyl

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks
Buy the ball joints online they are much cheaper that way. Some of the ball joints and tie rods are interchangeable between 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. Some are not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The upper ball joint is the same on 2wd and 4wd, but the lowers are quite different. Go to rockauto and get them there. Please only use moog or AC Delco. I have 220k on my 91 4x4 and the ball joints are still going strong having been replaced by these at 150k miles.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this truck. I bought it new in 1991, and properly maintained, it’s simply an awesome truck. I know I am biased, but I really l am attached to the little guy.

Keep it on the road as decent ones are getting really scarce.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts