Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems when my engine gets hot when I run around town I have trouble starting it up I have to open up the hood wait til it cools down a bit then she starts up fine. I replaced the ignition coil pack and had the ignition control unit checked its fine does any one else have this problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does the temp gauge say that you're running hot? If not, it could be that there's something going bad on the starter.
If the temp gauge says it's running hot, then there are several things that you could do to fix the problem.
1. Check the thermostat, it could be sticking or otherwise not functioning properly.
2. Have the cooling sytem pressure checked. If it's low there's a few things that can cause that:
1. The radiator may be partially clogged. The system may need to be flushed and filled.
2. The water pump may also need to be replaced.
Another thing to check is to make sure that you're using a multi-viscosity oil like 5w-30 on up to 10w-40. If not, the wrong oil can cause the engine to run hotter. Also, if the oil pump isn't working like it should then that too would cause the engine temp to increase.
The only problem I had with my 1993 B2200 was the radiator. It looked it was made out of plastic and it eventually ruptured. So I replaced it with a REAL metal one, and I haven't had any problems.
I hope that I gave you some insight. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts