Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the dealer my 2000 S has a bent wheel (rim). I have not noticed anything unusal when driving the car. The dealer said it may? be able to be repaired. The Dealer said the bent wheel/rim problem is common with the Millenia due to the low profile tires. The price for a new wheel is approx $935 Canadian. Has anyone had experience with bent rims? Can they be repaired? How can I tell if they can be repaired? Is a junkyard the best alternative?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know for sure that the alloy rims can be repaired. I have a 95 milly and one of my rims was bent; BAD. I took to a shop that dealt with rims. It cost me only $40. And from what i saw they fixed up chrome rims also. Now granted this was in Puerto Rico when i took my car there for a long vacation. I imagine though that if there are shops like that there; there are certainly others out there like that one. Hope this info helped you out in some way. Good luck with your rim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those roads in PR are bad aren't they? Were at Rosie?

Yeah, I was there and the roads in PR are terrible. You have to pay close attention to the road and your speed on those roads. Potholes appear out of nowhere.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a further update....I took the wheel of myself and examined it. There is no damage anywhere to the wheel. It looks perfect front and back. Yet, somehow the wheel has become 'out of round' or 'egg shaped' according to the dealer. I am going to have the wheel checked at a tire shop.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
they're bsing you! if a wheel is bent you might not be able to see it, but you will feel it on the highway. usually you bend a rim by flying into a deep pothole VERY fast or something... it's also really hard to bend stock rims, because they are built to last the life of the car, as opposed to aftermarket wheels that are cheaper and made out of softer aluminums.. that's why you can get one Mazda wheel for the same price as some 4 rim aftermarket sets.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If the car's not feeling like the wheels are out of balance, then it's not bent enough to even bother worrying about, seriously. If you do think you have to get a new one, find a salvage yard. And I do know there are places that will repair damaged rims. I can't remember where though. Go on google or somewhere and search it out. I wanna say for around 100 bucks they can fix them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts