Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1986 Mazda B2000 2.0L 4cyc Need to replace the engine how do I look for one ? can I put any other engine in the truck.I know its going to cost alot for labor so I might as well upgrade the engine but how do know what other engine ?????HELP ME SAVE MY TRUCK

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's not that difficult on these engines to replace the head gasket, if the cylinder head did not get warped. Use a FelPro kit, has what you need.

Even a new cylinder head is not that expensive, search Clearwater or Odessa; realistically, only B2000 and B2200 engines will fit right in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a rebuilt head that has less than 6,000 miles on it. Also have a complete engine rebuild kit. Brand new in the box it was delivered in. Everything still wrapped in its factory plastic(s). I'm moving and this would be a great opportunity to not have to put it in storage. Its for an '86 B2000. If your interested, reply. Its all going real cheap! I can send pics and further info if you, OR ANYBODY, is interested. minus S/H costs. Im in Southern California. Funny, I installed the head on the truck to move here. After I settled in, I pulled the engine. lost the motivation having to deal with the 40' of vacuum lines and outdated carb setup, put the block in the back of the truck and called pick-a-part. 6 years later, the head and kit are still sitting here on the shelf....

·
Registered
95 Posts
After I settled in, I pulled the engine. lost the motivation having to deal with the 40' of vacuum lines and outdated carb setup.
Most of us fortunate-enough NOT to have to deal with California's "no changes" regulations would simply install an aftermarket Redline Weber carburetor; the stock carburetor is more complicated and finicky than the space shuttle once it ages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts