Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and would appreciate any advice you can give. I seem to have a common problem in one aspect and one probably not so common. I have a 2018 BT50 Extended cab 4 x 4 which has only done 20,000ks. My springs sagged towing a caravan so I got them re-tensioned, added a leaf and put on airbags. I also added higher springs to the front end due to sagging from a winch and bullbar. I then had a vibration on take off and a very noticeable shudder at 10kph when slowing down and driving at this speed. I have put in 4 deg shims under the rear springs to get the Diff pointing up at 4.5 deg with the Transfer Case pointing down at 4.3 deg. The front of the 2 part drive shaft is pointing down at 12 deg and the rear section is pointing down at 8.7 deg. I know the working angles seem a little high but this is the best set up for reducing the take off vibration the most. You can only just feel it on take off. But, the Shudder when slowing down or driving at 10kph is very pronounced and hasn't changed with any of the changes in the rear Driveshaft. When they put the coil springs in the front end is there anything they may have touched that has caused the shudder? Again, any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards,

Brett

1 - 1 of 1 Posts