Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my foglight went out after buying Cuzo Hyper White bulbs (H3) just a month ago! Mazda manual says 55w bulbs for the foglights. The Cuzo was 70w. The saleman says Mazdas can handle high powered bulbs. What do you guys think? Think the Cuzo burnt out coz of the high wattage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Just buy a nice little Sylvania bulb to replace it, or get the PIAAs which run low watts and nice bright lights.

Don't buy the blue-coated bulbs, they are all garbage except for PIAA -- lifetime warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Sep 5 2002, 12:56 AM
One of my foglight went out after buying Cuzo Hyper White bulbs (H3) just a month ago! Mazda manual says 55w bulbs for the foglights. The Cuzo was 70w. The saleman says Mazdas can handle high powered bulbs. What do you guys think? Think the Cuzo burnt out coz of the high wattage?
Anytime you run a bulb that is higher wattage than what is recommended will leave you very prone to premature "burnout" A lot of times running a bulb that is 15 or 20 watts above maximum wattage recommendation, can cause damage to your cars electrical wiring. i.e melting wires, and shorting out the related components.

As Shayaan, suggested, stick to a reputable 55w bulb. Your fog light performance isn't based soley on bulb wattage. It's performance has a lot to do with the foglight's Optics and basic design technology too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I used some hyper white bulbs. I think they were 75w. They lasted about 1.5 weeks. 1 burned out and the other actually changed forms it got so hot. I was using the Sylvania BULBS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dudes! Guess I'll get PIAA. Is PIAA Plasma all white or it has a hint of blue to it? Like a crystal blue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Sep 12 2002, 02:15 PM
Thanks dudes! Guess I'll get PIAA. Is PIAA Plasma all white or it has a hint of blue to it? Like a crystal blue?
It's almost a purple, at least on the plasma.... if you get platinum superwhites they are simply just white.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Shayaan. I'll get the Super Whites, even might consider the Extreme Whites, but heard some bad stuff about them. Cops in MA go after cars with funky colored headlight bulbs. :blush:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Sep 13 2002, 12:25 AM
Thanks Shayaan. I'll get the Super Whites, even might consider the Extreme Whites, but heard some bad stuff about them. Cops in MA go after cars with funky colored headlight bulbs. :blush:
The cops in MA are bored and have nothing better to do. I had the opportunity to live in several different states, and I can tell you that, MA's cops, especially the troopers are ticket issuing happy men in blue........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Originally posted by seldomseen@Sep 13 2002, 10:04 AM
The cops in MA are bored and have nothing better to do. I had the opportunity to live in several different states, and I can tell you that, MA's cops, especially the troopers are ticket issuing happy men in blue........
I agree...i also live in MA...those FUCKING PIGS have nothing better to do then to give out tickets...they should be out chasing terrorrists!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Sep 12 2002, 11:25 PM
Thanks Shayaan. I'll get the Super Whites, even might consider the Extreme Whites, but heard some bad stuff about them. Cops in MA go after cars with funky colored headlight bulbs. :blush:
Actually I want to upgrade to the Plasmas (Jersey cops aren't as bad) but I have platinum's in my car now. If you want, I can sell them to you for like $50 (instead of the $80 they cost) shipped and then I can go and buy the plasmas.

If you're interested of course :)

Private Message me if you are, and I can do this pretty quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn MA cops! Had 2 tickets from troopers. Thanks for the offer Shayaan, but buying used bulbs is kinda scary. Hope you're not upset. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Sep 15 2002, 01:24 AM
Damn MA cops! Had 2 tickets from troopers. Thanks for the offer Shayaan, but buying used bulbs is kinda scary. Hope you're not upset. :)
Not a prob.

I'll probably just eBay em then... lifetime warranty so I think they should go without a hitch. But we'll see :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
i buy the eurolite fog light bulbs and they burn out too. Usually its just one side that burns out. So why is it the blue coated bulbs burn out? and how much do the piaa run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by wtbonkers@Sep 16 2002, 11:12 AM
i buy the eurolite fog light bulbs and they burn out too. Usually its just one side that burns out. So why is it the blue coated bulbs burn out? and how much do the piaa run?
For PIAA fogs, you can get them at around 30 bucks shipped on eBay.

They have a lifetime warranty, but I don't think you'd need it... they almost never burn out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
:thumbsup: Yes PIAA'S ARE THE BEST. YOU ALSO MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO ADDING AN AFTERMARKET SUPERDUTY WIRE HARNESS. THEY COME IN 9003-9007, IT MIGHT COME IN A H3. IM LOOKING MYSELF. I HAVE DONE IT WITH MY HEADLIGHTS, BECAUSE THEY CONSTANTLY BURNED OUT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Do all Millenias come with foglights? I have some but I guess they both don't work. Does a light come on on the dash when they are on? One of them is pretty loose because I got backed into :grr: . I hope it isn't broken. I guess I'll investigate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
903 Posts
The switch is right above the cruise control (w00t)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Green machine try Car-Parts.com, you can get a used fog light assembly at a reasonable price.

Everyone else PIAA's definitely rock. Im putting in the gold ion crystal foglight bulbs to compliment my new 6000k HID's, should look hot, I'll post pics ASAP!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top