Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an used remote off of ebay for a 95 Millenia. I followed the directions in the technical section (of this website) for reprogramming. I hear the beeps , but when it finishes the beeps the remote doesn't do anything. Do those instructions work with the 95? Not unless the batteries are dead.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by milleniaboy at Oct 5 2002, 09:07 PM

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, those instructions work with a '95.

Most of the 95 keyless remotes are different from all the later years. One thing I found out when I was searching for a replacement remote was that most '95 remotes used a different FCC ID number than the later models. The FCC ID number is KPU41012. This number is embossed on the back of the remote. Though I think an easier way to tell if you have a '95 remote is if it has the golden Mazda emblem with the silver background on the front. Then again, you may have one of the later model '95's that used the new FCC ID number. Your dealer can probably tell you.

Once you have determined that you have the correct remote, you can try to change the batteries on it. The battery size you will need is Lithium size CR2016 (you'll need two). If after changing your battery it still doesn't work, I can't think of anything else that could be wrong. The keyless entry box is located behind the back seat and it uses the rear-windshield as the signal antenna. Good luck on getting it to work :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by milleniaboy@Oct 5 2002, 09:07 PM
I got an used remote off of ebay for a 95 Millenia. I followed the directions in the technical section (of this website) for reprogramming. I hear the beeps , but when it finishes the beeps the remote doesn't do anything. Do those instructions work with the 95? Not unless the batteries are dead.

Thanks for your help.
When i was reprogramming my remote(s) I was constantly pressing the lock or unlock button until the door locks start locking or unlocking. I never hear any beeps afterwards. Here are complete instructions sent to me by Mazda technician:

Get in the car & leave the door open.

Put the key in the ignition---turn to the on position---then to off
position---then remove the key---3 (three) times.

Now reach down and find the door switch that turns on the dome light when
the door is opened---press & release this switch 3 (three) times.

You should hear a beep then a series of beeps.

When the series of beeps start---begin pressing the all the buttons on the
transmitter. When the programming is complete it will start actuating the
door locks etc...

Hope that helps!

G

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
this is kind of a lame suggestion... but when I first got my 95' Mill, I thought that the keyless entry didn't work. For me, all I had to do was press extra hard on the buttons because they are all worn out... I have to use my fingernails hehe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:rolleyes: I have a new to me but used 95 milly with no remote also, bought a remote off ebay after confirming the fcc code from the Mazda dealer (41048) I tried and tried to get the programming instructions to work until I finally figured out I wasnt getting any beeps or confirmation that the instructions were working because the cover for the "door ajar" was kind of old and stopping the lights and hense the car from registering the door was actually open. I peeled the cover off the "door ajar" button to free the switch to register when the door was actually open. You can tell if it work by looking to see if the interior lights come on and off when the door opens. Make sure you have the overhead switch set to "door" as well. Once I did this, the instructions worked as far as the car was concerned. The remote on the other hand is another issue. :angry: Then battery may be dead, Im going to change the battery and try again. Will respond with the results...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts