Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a new car alarm and well i have been looking at this excalibur atv 1600 series alarm. I have done alot of research and well I think this might be the one...let me know what u guys think.

Brian

·
0 Posts
havnt heard of that, my factory alarm works fine for me. p.s. where the heck is everyone?

·
0 Posts
im not sure what year your milly is or what years' alarms do exactly what, but for mine my alarm turns the head lights off auto, engages starter kill, and has a flashing symbol that says security near the driver door, looks pretty tight. if you got those options why bother chaning alarms?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm changing my alarm b/c i need something more sensitive.... i ahve all those options i have a 99 s just like u with every option. I have had my tires slashed with out the stock alarm going off....and my buddy with his gtz in some of the pics i had on here just go his shit fucked up b/c someone took a baseball bat to his whole car with out his stock alarm going off. His windshield caved in, tail lights busted out, headlights busted out, 4 flat tires, kicked in every fender where the door comes in, and keyed the hell outta the whole damn thing...and his alarm didnt even blink....that is why i dont want a stock alarm....i want something loud and sensitive, my alarm comes with a module that tells me if someone hit my car and where or if someone tryed to open my door, and other stuff. But that is why i am getting another one.

Brian

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my aftermarket alarm right after I bought my car. I have the Clifford Intellivoive IQ. The alarm works perfect. It has a lot of features and guarantees your car will not be stolen. You can have it set for voice alerts or chirp alerts. You can also program it to roll windows up automaticaly after leaving car and remote start. I'd recomend this alarm to everyone looking for one. Peace.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im getting a new car alarm and well i have been looking at this excalibur atv 1600 series alarm. I have done alot of research and well I think this might be the one...let me know what u guys think.

Brian
I have a 95 millenia, I installed myself a harada hcs-900. It does everything. It has a built in dual zone impact sensor. You tap a tire, or tap the lights, and she send a warning chirp. It also has a built in pager in the remote. So when the warning chirp pages me telling me a pre warn sensor went off. I come running out with ___ in hand. It has a built in cut off swith, roll up windows, keyless entry, remote starter, puts on AC after 30 seconds. It pops open the trunk. And it has a 1 mile range. For real, works from almost anywhere. It has too many features to list. I sleep with my remote/pager next to my pillow. Does not give false alarms either. The excaliber is good too. I like an alarm that has everything in one remote. It also has a stop and go feature. You can run to the store with car running, and you take out your keys, and lock vehicle. If someone tries to jump in, the alarm sets, car shuts down, and your pager goes off. Just too many features.........If the weather gets too cold, it will automatically start car, and warm up the engine.........

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah man i would really like to know how much that bad boy is too! That thing sounds wonderful!

·
Registered
45 Posts
ninemilly : where you get yer gauges?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Egretlanding, how much did that thing set you back, and how much did it cost to install?

Thanks man!
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Im still new at this site. Im an installer so I get things retail. I paid for the alarm about 170.00 I installed it myself. Retail for this type of alarm in a store is 450.00 to 600.00 You can find them on special sales at ebay. They are about 189.00 now on ebay. Punch in alarm-pager. They have alot of nice ones. You could install it yourself. If you need help with the wiring I'll tell you where each wire goes. Free of charge because you have a millenia....

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Egretlanding, can you show me a link to this alarm?

Also, will I need my original remote for anything? I personally would hate to have 2 remotes, I'd like one to do the same things (or close) to what my remote does now.

Also, if it's possible.. can you show us a picture of the remote, or a link to the alarm maker's site? I want to see the specs of this thing :)

[edit]
I looked on eBay, could not find it at all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Egretlanding, can you show me a link to this alarm?

Also, will I need my original remote for anything? I personally would hate to have 2 remotes, I'd like one to do the same things (or close) to what my remote does now.

Also, if it's possible.. can you show us a picture of the remote, or a link to the alarm maker's site? I want to see the specs of this thing :)

[edit]
I looked on eBay, could not find it at all.
Hey what's up. I just emailed you a link to the ebay site. I don't know how to post it here. Also you would only need the remote of the new alarm. It will do everything your factory remote will do. You can put the factory one away for good. My scanner isn't working so I can't put my remote up, yet. But I will.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks man. Here's the one I'm looking at...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1851263698

Think it's worth buying? I noticed it has all the features I wanted.. oh by the way, how long do the batteries last in that LCD remote? I don't want to go replacing them every 15 minutes :)

Thanks man, really appreciate it.
Hey, that is a good one. Also the seller has alot of positive feedback. That alarm has everything included. You have to replace the batteries about once evey month it says. I usually change mines every two weeks. Just to make sure the distance works good, that's my millenia where talking about. LOL The alarms arent hard to install either. That alarm is perfect for you......

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I'm changing my alarm b/c i need something more sensitive.... i ahve all those options i have a 99 s just like u with every option. I have had my tires slashed with out the stock alarm going off....and my buddy with his gtz in some of the pics i had on here just go his shit fucked up b/c someone took a baseball bat to his whole car with out his stock alarm going off. His windshield caved in, tail lights busted out, headlights busted out, 4 flat tires, kicked in every fender where the door comes in, and keyed the hell outta the whole damn thing...and his alarm didnt even blink....that is why i dont want a stock alarm....i want something loud and sensitive, my alarm comes with a module that tells me if someone hit my car and where or if someone tryed to open my door, and other stuff. But that is why i am getting another one.

Brian

Damn Milly,

You and your crew either live in a real $hity area or you'll are "hangin" with the wrong crowd; or folks are really envious of you'llz $hit. At the homebase I keep my Mill garaged, but my shine is always within arms reach. You know just in case.

Have you considered installing a spy cam in your Millenia? My neighbor has one in his brandnew 911 Turbo.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually i live in a pretty good part of town, it's my buddy that lives 2 blocks from the college where it happend. We found out some drunk kid decided it would be fun to go f*ck up somebodies car so anyways it's all fixed now but that's kid is out bout 6000 dollars. I got my alarm installed and i love it, i just needed that extra security by my side incase some damn college kids rolls up to my car...yes i know it wont stop them but once he doesn't something small my alarm will go off and hopefully scare him away.

Brian

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I am looking to get a high quality Theft Deterrant System for my Civic. I am in search of one that has an Engine Immobilizer. Can anyone recommend a good one.

Also, I realize that Hondas tend to be cars that can be easily stolen. Does anyone have any knowledge about the level of theft prevention that Engine Immobilzers actually offer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2000 Millenia and the day after I bought it, it was in getting a Viper 550 put in. I love this alarm and the fact that I can roll my windows up and down with the remote made it worth it. The only thing I had wroung with the alarm is that I found out the farther back you go on the car the less sensitive it is. I found this out the hard way when some idiot who doesn't know how to park bumped my car and took some of the paint off the bumper. It didn't set the alarm off so I had them install a second shock sensor in the trunk. I was worth the extra 45 bucks bacause now no matter where you tap my car the alarm is picking up on it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts