Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good experiences with car wax and the milly? I am looking for one that takes out scratches because all of those people dissin' in the parking lot. Any suggestions? I have used the Green stuff by turtle wax (finish 2000)? and it works ok, but I want to use something that will work on buffing out those minor scratches, and give a good shine.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Try McGuires three step. It kicks ass.
Yea, they make great stuff, much cheaper than Zymol too :)

But Zymol is like the cream of the crop... I wouldn't even bother on this car.. maybe a McLaren :p

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I think i'll try the Zymol. Have you ever heard of http://www.wheelwax.com ? I saw an informercial on it, and from the commercial it looks like a pretty good product. I guess its always does on the commercials though. The wheelwax is supposed to repel ions or something. Too bad I don't have anything but the stock rims to use it on :wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Zymol works great but is a pain in the ass to use and in my opinion it's not worth the $100 and so $'s.I recommend 3m compound,3m swirl mark remover(for dark colored cars),3M or mothers glaze, and a couple of coats of mothers reflections.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dang man, I didn't know that zymol cost so much. I thought expensive meant 30-40 bucks a bottle. Maybe I won't try that product.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try using Meguiars three step. Only use the first two and then for the last step use gold class wax. It really works. use the quick dealing spray and then follow up with the quick wax. It is a big help when you are not trying to wash your car just for some dust or bird stuff.
holla at me
the devil will get ya :twisted:

kendall

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recently discovered Crystal-glo (CRYSTALGLO.COM- an acrylic based product manufactured in Canada. Very easy to apply and provides fantastic shine and protection week after week. I also came across and applied S100 (available in motorcycle stores - the auto equivalent product is P21S) over Crystal-Glo c. Its made in Germany and a Carnauba wax. I think all the P21S/S100 products are fantatsic. I have used Maguires and Zymol as well with good results. But I'll stick now with Crystal Glo and P21S. These products are inexpensive. I think you will be happy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have bought zymol wax for 13 bucks a bottle...even bought a 2 pack at costco (like sam's) for 17 dollars. i think its easy to apply. wipe on wipe off. ur not suppose to let it dry to a haze like other waxes. but i am thinking about waxing my car again and using the meguires 3 or 4 step or whatever it is they have, so i can completely get the outside looking kick ass

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, wax dosent really take out scratchs... it could work, but they stuff just for scratchs...and im not talking about thoes crayon things... they make creams that blend the paint to conver up the scratch, mine works like a wounder...check your local pep boys or car store

good luck
-ChRi§

·
Registered
8 Posts
try using a compound...that will remove the dull paint mildly...u can find variousbrands at any auto parts store

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Macinit34@Jan 17 2003, 09:05 AM
try using a compound...that will remove the dull paint mildly...u can find variousbrands at any auto parts store
use a good quality paint polish to bring out the shine in a finish. meguiers works well...................

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Cavebone@Aug 30 2002, 08:40 PM
To be honest from experience I like to use 3M compound for the serious scratches, wax just doesnt cut it on them.
That's because wax is only intended to protect the car's finish...................

·
Registered
144 Posts
if you have a dark milly, i found the STUFF. my car is black and i went and bought some 3M swirl mark remover and 3M imperial hand glaze and it really brought out the color and removed all the blemishes and imperfections in my paint. i highly recommend this. i paid $32 for both bottles..

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Bain@Mar 18 2003, 06:39 PM
if you have a dark milly, i found the STUFF. my car is black and i went and bought some 3M swirl mark remover and 3M imperial hand glaze and it really brought out the color and removed all the blemishes and imperfections in my paint. i highly recommend this. i paid $32 for both bottles..
Do those particular products have abrasives in them? I ask because, I do not like using an abrasive based solution to remove swirls and surface contaminations.

Let me know! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts