Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grr: Well took my car to mazda today told them to change the spark plugs and coils came to 680 bucks...basterds....then the guy told me everything wat the hell is wrong with it over 3 grand.. to fix.. :grr: :grr: :grr: well valve cover gaskets had oil on them..uhhh lots of leaks..Im gonna get the update and tell him to print out a smmary of whats wrong..so i can get money together and pay off slowly.. :'(

i want to sell my milly now.. since i bought it for 5 grand..to fix is 3 grand.. and it has 97504 miles on it....not gonna get alot for it......

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by Mase64@Sep 13 2005, 03:22 PM
yea they wa nt all that to water pump timing belt chewn ged im jsut gonna ask for the whole list that needs to be done and find other places to do it..
[snapback]304303[/snapback]​

It isnt hard to do most of the stuff you are
needing to do.

You arent the mechanic type are you??

·
Registered
529 Posts
dude u need 2 call my mechanic....he did my gaskets for 350
and my timing belt and water pump for 500

i dont know what your peoples is talking about but there stupid

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't know what you're angry about, you bought an expensive to maintain car and you brought it to the dealer, and you're surprised that it's goona cost a bundle to fix everything that's wrong? If ya don't like it maybe you should read the spark plug changing guide and have a go at it yourself. You don't seem to have any interest in working on your own car, though.

The coil packs are $150 a piece, and you wanted them to change ALL of them? That's going to be like $900 just for parts, not to mention the labor. What exactly did you tell them you wanted done?

It sounds like you don't need the t-belt/water pump right this second - perhaps you should just tell them to just fix what's wrong with it right now so you can get it back on the road. The valve cover gaskets leaking is not good though, that could be ruining your coil packs...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Originally posted by Mase64@Sep 13 2005, 07:55 PM
duhhhhhhhh i  did(the dealer) the spark plugs and the ignition coil pack...And now im good for now im gonna order all the other parts..and get some one else to put them in
There are 6 coil packs, not just one. Did you just replace the one that was giving you the Check Engine Light or what?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by Mase64@Sep 13 2005, 06:05 PM
I dont know The basterd didnt tell me i highly doubt it..
[snapback]304337[/snapback]​

The timing belt is not hard and the parts
are cheap. To do mine, I paid $292.

timing belt $74

Water pump $98

thermostat $22

2 drive belts $ 32, and $36

coolant $20

gasket sealer $10

may or may not need timing belt tensioner $185 brand new

if its bad change it, if its in spec, dont.

dont change the idlers, they are almost certainly good.

check my threads by name,
to see what problems to run into.

or ask me???

·
Registered
82 Posts
:grr: Well took my car to mazda today told them to change the spark plugs and coils came to 680 bucks...basterds....then the guy told me everything wat the hell is wrong with it over 3 grand.. to fix.. :grr: :grr: :grr: well valve cover gaskets had oil on them..uhhh lots of leaks..Im gonna get the update and tell him to print out a smmary of whats wrong..so i can get money together and pay off slowly.. :'(

i want to sell my milly now.. since i bought it for 5 grand..to fix is 3 grand.. and it has 97504 miles on it....not gonna get alot for it......

Mase,

I just bought a 2000 S with 125K on it for 4,800 so don't feel too bad about the miles or the price you paid. I've replaced 2 02 sensors, 2 coilpacks, and an injector myself all for about $500 and the car runs great. I brought it to the dealer when I first got it to check out the misfire and they told me i had a blown headgasket and a bad tranny and suggested that I rebuild the entire engine and tranny for 7500 clams. Oh yeah, and they wanted $650 for rear brakes (just the pads and rotors). Did that myself for $200. Do some research and if you can't do it yourslef, find a mechanic to do it, but do not trust the dealer. You'll also get screwed if you sell it while it's running like crap. If you don't trust it, fix it, then sell it.

Billy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by Mase64@Sep 13 2005, 08:45 PM
oh im gonna fix it im keeping it lol i love it to much so sexy... m saying im not liek the mechanic type that could fix all this crap in the engine you know...
[snapback]304346[/snapback]​

Got 'ya. Unfortunatley, the car has some weaknesses that require a lot of maintanence and it can get pricey if you go to the dealer all the time. Try to find someone local to you that you can build a relationship with that you trust. Good luck.

Bill

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by skifast@Sep 13 2005, 09:07 PM
Got 'ya.  Unfortunatley, the car has some weaknesses that require a lot of maintanence and it can get pricey if you go to the dealer all the time.  Try to find someone local to you that you can build a relationship with that you trust.  Good luck.

Bill
[snapback]304348[/snapback]​

yea my uncle

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by Mase64@Sep 13 2005, 07:11 PM
like this...since the website doesnt say its an S...

TENSIONER, Millenia, 2.3L - 2.3L, 2.5L 
95-02  $133.77

Engine - Camshaft & timing - Tensioner
[snapback]304350[/snapback]​
Sounds like that's the right part - the S uses the 2.3 V6. Most of that basic kind of mechanical stuff is shared with the L models (using the 2.5). It's the more unique S parts like the intake manifold, heads, etc. that end up being more expensive.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though... :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts