Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1987 B2200 and I have carb problems. like I get a good idle before driving, but maybe 10mins later when I come to a stop, the engine stalls, every single time I stop. I know its a probably a vacuum problem somewhere but I dont know where to look, I don't know what air valve does what and if its related to the idle of the carb. Can someone help me? Just telling me where to look. Thanks!

L.Leblanc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Simon - I'd check the EGR valve. If the EGR is stuck open or partially open, same will happen. I use a hand vacuum pump to test, and I've had that happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, could be a vacuum line, anywhere. The ends get hard with time and heat and then become loose and can "appear" to be OK but are not.
So I haven't had the time to check all my vacuum lines (I will do it this weekend) but I have some more info. First, when I start it cold, the choke doesn't come on. I adjusted the choke speed multiple times and I see that the choke plate in the carb is closed. When its cold, the truck runs at the normal idle speed, wich is set at 1000RPM. Then, when the truck is heated up a little bit, it doesn't keep its idle anymore so its probably heat related. If I try to get the idle speed up to 1000 (I have to do like 2 full turns or more) It varies as much as 500RPM. So I know the problem comes from something that opens up when the truck is warm. Does that change your perception of the problem? still the EGR? I have a video of the idle if you want it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just tested the EGR with carb cleaner, it isn't stuck open and its moving freely so its probably not the valve itself. Then again, could the valve open as normal when I drive down a road but when I come to a stop it stays open even if its free to move? Can I disconnect and plug the vacuum line to the EGR valve so that it stays closed and then see if the problem comes again? Im really not sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When cold, choke butterfly should be essentially horizontal. After like 5 full minutes, choke butterfly should be essentially vertical. Check that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts