10,541 Posts
Good site to post up your cars on:

http://www.cardomain.com

I have mine at this link

http://www.cardomain.com/id/alumar

-------------------------------------------

You can check out my web site too at

http://65.28.45.193

Still work in progress but got some good video's under the SOLO II Section *)

If you have ever wondered what a Mazda Millenia looked like around an autocross track, look under http://65.28.45.193/solo2.htm

Let me know what ya all think!

I'd like to know how you have a Jet ECU upgrade for your Millenia? According to thier sales staff, no such animal exists.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Such animal does exist - But you have take it into them. Our ECU can not be physically replaced, it can only be reprogrammed by thier computer systems.

Call JET Directly and inquire about custom ECU Reprogramming.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost anything that you find for our cars esp. the Millenia S is a single custom job. From what I have found out talking to a few people is the lack of experience of with the Miller Cycle Engine in the industry is high.

The Millenia S is a victum of its own design. Personally I like my car a lot, but it is unfortuante that we have such a limited selection of aftermarket parts for our cars.

Performance wise there is much more for the 2.5L vrs our 2.3L. I have seen Turbo 2.5L Mazda Millenia's with the Eunos ECU PowerChip Upgrade that put out around 240HP/240TQ to Flywheel (210ish to Wheel), but have yet to seen anyone that will make even an lighter pully for our supercharged 2.3L...

Simple upgrades like a bigger Intercooler/pully/tower strut/improved rear-front sway bar's are all things that should not be to bad on the current design and not upset the engine that bad to not make them. The interest needs to be there though amoung a lot of the owners before these people will make the parts for our cars.

I have been begging the guys at Weapon-R to make a Cold Air Intake for the Millenia S, just to line up a current model to fit our cars. Hopefully in time they will see the light that they would prob sell the shit out of them if they actually made the move to build them.

Best thing we can do is keep inquiring to these vendors intill they are swamped with interested people, then they will see the oppurtunity in creating items for us on a mainstream level.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Almost anything that you find for our cars esp. the Millenia S is a single custom job. From what I have found out talking to a few people is the lack of experience of with the Miller Cycle Engine in the industry is high.

The Millenia S is a victum of its own design. Personally I like my car a lot, but it is unfortuante that we have such a limited selection of aftermarket parts for our cars.

Performance wise there is much more for the 2.5L vrs our 2.3L. I have seen Turbo 2.5L Mazda Millenia's with the Eunos ECU PowerChip Upgrade that put out around 240HP/240TQ to Flywheel (210ish to Wheel), but have yet to seen anyone that will make even an lighter pully for our supercharged 2.3L...

Simple upgrades like a bigger Intercooler/pully/tower strut/improved rear-front sway bar's are all things that should not be to bad on the current design and not upset the engine that bad to not make them. The interest needs to be there though amoung a lot of the owners before these people will make the parts for our cars.

I have been begging the guys at Weapon-R to make a Cold Air Intake for the Millenia S, just to line up a current model to fit our cars. Hopefully in time they will see the light that they would prob sell the shit out of them if they actually made the move to build them.

Best thing we can do is keep inquiring to these vendors intill they are swamped with interested people, then they will see the oppurtunity in creating items for us on a mainstream level.

Millenia owners are a niche' crowd, and to make matters worse those of us who are performance oriented, are an even smaller niche'. From a business standpoint, manufacturing aftermarket performance parts for the Millenia, would ultimatley be non-profitable. The daily traffic and involvement at this website speaks volumes with regards to the low interest in performance parts for the Millenia.

However, I do empathize with what you stated. I too have been in contact with several vendors submitting RFP's to them, in hopes of them finally recognizing our need for a more tangible aftermarket parts selection.

Currently, the most promising thing we have in pipeline is the unveiling of the Claus Ettensberger Corp. Euro-Tuned Mazda Millenia. Which has been scheduled to be unveiled at the SEMA show at the Las Vegas Convention Center this November 5th - 8th.

Lets see what happens................

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At anyrate though, I will post what I can and find out there on this board. I am going to try to get the guys at the cardomain web site to start keeping up here on this forum to get some more interest going.

And of'course, if those guys over at Weapon-R make that Cold Air Intake for our car, I will let ya all know 8)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
At anyrate though, I will post what I can and find out there on this board. I am going to try to get the guys at the cardomain web site to start keeping up here on this forum to get some more interest going.

And of'course, if those guys over at Weapon-R make that Cold Air Intake for our car, I will let ya all know 8)

The dudes at weapon-R are jokes, I have been dealing with them for the like past 2 or so years-no luck! There ain't no hurrying them in producing anything.

The biggest Millenia forum on the net is at: cardomain and edmunds, like I stated in one of my previous posts. People seem to be very loyal to thier existing sites. But, hey.........keep trying to convince them to x-over. It would be great to see an increase in site traffic.

·
Registered
399 Posts
While surfing eBay I found small company called FXTeknology, which happens to make a foam filter for the Millenia. It's a direct OEM replacement, so it does not need any sort of removals or modifications. It won't growl like a cone filter, but the performance difference is much better than the K&N cotton filters.

I found my response time was quicker, with more added power for acceleration. Plus it helped me on the flat spots I encounter with the supercharger during mid-range. And at only 20 something bucks, it was well worth it. I highly recommend this filter, if not only to replace the factory paper one, because this one lasts for the lifetime of the car as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
While surfing eBay I found small company called FXTeknology, which happens to make a foam filter for the Millenia. It's a direct OEM replacement, so it does not need any sort of removals or modifications. It won't growl like a cone filter, but the performance difference is much better than the K&N cotton filters.

I found my response time was quicker, with more added power for acceleration. Plus it helped me on the flat spots I encounter with the supercharger during mid-range. And at only 20 something bucks, it was well worth it. I highly recommend this filter, if not only to replace the factory paper one, because this one lasts for the lifetime of the car as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ok ok, you suckered me into getting an account there and posting my Eunos 800 up. It's not as low as Brian's (TheNineMilly) because I did lower it that low for about 2 days. Then had to raise it up again because road conditions, speed bumps, and pot holes in Australia will kill your car outright if you're too low. Plus you wouldn't be able to go anyway :(

http://members.cardomain.com/image_800

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ok ok, you suckered me into getting an account there and posting my Eunos 800 up. It's not as low as Brian's (TheNineMilly) because I did lower it that low for about 2 days. Then had to raise it up again because road conditions, speed bumps, and pot holes in Australia will kill your car outright if you're too low. Plus you wouldn't be able to go anyway :(

http://members.cardomain.com/image_800

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry if my post appears twice, I received an SQL error the first time around (still getting them for this section), so I re-tried again without realizing it had gone through the first time. My apologies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts