Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WENT TO THE STEALER TODAY TO PICK UP A CABIN AIR FILTER.(FILTERS) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED AT? I CANT FIND THE TWO? FIGURED I WOULD CHANGE THEM BEING THAT I RIDE MY ROTTS AROUND AND HAIT IS EVRY WHERE SO I KNOW THERE DIRTY.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
What year is your Millenia? Only 2001-2002 Millenias have cabin air filters.

On 2001-2002 Millenia:

(1) Remove lower panel below the glove compartment by pulling downward with both hands.
(2) Remove 10mm nut holding cabin filter bracket.
(3) Remove bracket by sliding downward.
(4) Remove cabin air filters (there are two of them) by sliding downward.
(5) Discard and replace cabin air filters if dirty.

You should remove and inspect the filters first. If they are not dirty, just reinsert them and save your money. Only replace the filters if they are dirty. They only get dirty if you drive around with the A/C in "recirculate" position alot, and you smoke in the car or have a dirty/dusty interior in the car. If you drive with the A/C in "fresh" position, and have a clean interior, you probably don't need to change the filters.

If you have a musty/mildew smell from the A/C, changing the filters will not help. The musty/midew smell is from mold growing on the A/C evaporator cooling unit. If that is the case, Mazda sells a spray that hooks up to an air gun applicator that they spray on the coils behind the glove compartment that kills the mold and coats the coils to prevent reoccurance of the mold for 3 years. If you need this done, it is cheaper to just take it to the Dealer and have them do it. Because the cost of the applicator gun would be more than just paying the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2000. Are you sure the dealer says that I have one. Is it the white plastic under the glove box?

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
Originally posted by mazda-fla@Jul 23 2004, 12:57 PM
Only 2001-2002 Millenias have cabin air filters.
no, the 1995 press kit says it has a 0,5 micron filter

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
i have a 99

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
lol, oh word lat? YOU have a 99?

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
Originally posted by DoN_BLaZe34@Jul 24 2004, 12:39 AM
lol, oh word lat? YOU have a 99?
well not "ME..." just ask clue, its my parents

yet if my mom wants me to move it from the driveway and put it on the grass so she can get her s-10 out shes like "move YOUR car out from the driveway"

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
Originally posted by reality1011@Jul 24 2004, 08:41 PM
so its your moms then
no.... my dad pays for it but i can't stand how my mom says "YOUR car" whenever she refers to the car

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
when it's not "MY" car

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
lol, exactly....ya pops pays for it, ya moms drives it...it's ya parents' car.. not "UR" car

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
doubt he even gets that much dt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts