Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a mazda 3 2007 and since a month or so, the check engine light keep coming in. I took it three times to Mazda maintenance agency and they checked the code, did many attempts to fix possible problems, but the problem persists and come back, every time we think its fixed.
I started writing down when the light comes on, but i could not see a trend. In some days it stays on for 20 miles in other for few miles only, in others for even triple the time.
I am not sure what to do and if that might be risky. Any advice?
Thanks

·
Administrator
305 Posts
That is a problem that could have a wide range of reasons and it sounds like not even a certified Mazda tech. could figure out what the problem is.

·
Administrator
305 Posts
Check your fuel cap is seated properly.. just a thought.
Yup, that happened to me one time. LOL I felt like a fool after.

It could also be something so small that a tech might not see it. It could be a loose vac. line or a ground shorting out. Engines these days are so complex.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi
I have a mazda 3 2007 and since a month or so, the check engine light keep coming in. I took it three times to Mazda maintenance agency and they checked the code, did many attempts to fix possible problems, but the problem persists and come back, every time we think its fixed.
I started writing down when the light comes on, but i could not see a trend. In some days it stays on for 20 miles in other for few miles only, in others for even triple the time.
I am not sure what to do and if that might be risky. Any advice?
Thanks
I would go find another mechanic. A 2007 model uses odb2 and should store the codes making it easier for a qualified tech to find the issue.

Some things to check besides the cap would be the O2 sensor, and for an exhaust leak ahead of the O2 sensor. If you have a leak, the O2 sensor will read lean and throw a code, and-if the O2 is original, it’s got 15 years of crud on it which could cause it to read lean. Still a decent tech should be able to read the code and solve the problem. My 2cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts