Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how could i get rid of the discoloration from jeans rubbing on my leather seats? is there a good product for cleaning leather that could leave it lookin new again? good lookin for yall help...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well, I used simple green degreaser (takes EVERYTHING off your seat, including the conditioning!). The seats came out BEAUTIFUL. However, you HAVE to condition them afterwards, else they are going to crack because you just stripped all the moisture out of the leather.

They will come out great if you take a scrub brush and use the simple green stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good lookin out...where could i get that "simple green degreaser"? is it like a kitchen degreaser or something?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Cavebone@Aug 30 2002, 08:42 PM
I'd try simple green, tends to work well without damaging.
Don't use that garbage on your Leather seats!!!!!!!! The absolute best Over The Counter leather cleaner that I have found is Blue Magic. I have been using this on my Millenia since day one. Thus far, leather wear is at its most minimum.

I use Blue Magic's Leather and Vinyl Cleaner to remove dirt and grime from my seats. Afterwards, I apply BM's Leather Conditioner on my seats. The leather conditioner will not make your seats shiny, greasy, sticky nor will it discolor your leather. Simply apply the BM with white ultra soft terry cloth.

I find BM's performance to be better the Lexol.....................additionally the fragrance of BM's cleaners are extremely mild.

These two automotive products are a must have for people who truly want to maintain the like-newness of thier leather interiors! No lie!

BTW I use BM's Leather Conditioner on my dash and doors as well...........

:)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I like Lexol products but they are hard to find and pretty expensive. I treat and clean my leather every 4 months or so.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by seldomseen@Jan 15 2003, 06:12 PM
Don't use that garbage on your Leather seats!!!!!!!! The absolute best Over The Counter leather cleaner that I have found is Blue Magic. I have been using this on my Millenia since day one. Thus far, leather wear is at its most minimum.

I use Blue Magic's Leather and Vinyl Cleaner to remove dirt and grime from my seats. Afterwards, I apply BM's Leather Conditioner on my seats. The leather conditioner will not make your seats shiny, greasy, sticky nor will it discolor your leather. Simply apply the BM with white ultra soft terry cloth.

I find BM's performance to be better the Lexol.....................additionally the fragrance of BM's cleaners are extremely mild.

These two automotive products are a must have for people who truly want to maintain the like-newness of thier leather interiors! No lie!

BTW I use BM's Leather Conditioner on my dash and doors as well...........

:)
Read the above quote!!!!! For leather care instructions.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by skiusa2004@Jan 16 2003, 12:13 PM
I like Lexol products but they are hard to find and pretty expensive. I treat and clean my leather every 4 months or so.
Lexol is crap! To greasy and doesn't work like BM.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ski I have seen the products you refer to but haven't heard of anyone using them. usually I condition my seats once every 4 months as well, unless its a really hot summer

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
BM is the best. they sell both a Cleaner and a Conditioner. Lexol is crap, they leave your leather and dash to greasy and shiny!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Just get BM's leather cleaner.......it works without damaging the leather. BM is the absolute best leather care product.

·
Registered
0 Posts
because there made for professionals to be used in detail shops. which means if you fuck up you can seriously ruin your paint or interior. unlike off the shelf products which are "stupid proof"

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
if you just stick to using a geniune Terry Cloth and Good Ole Elbow grease you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts