Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my stock air filter with a K&N cone filter....it's longer than usual, it's 9"...and the acceleration that i have now DOESN"T EVEN compare to the previous acceleration i had before i installed it..but i noticed that when i was warming up my Milli, a tad bit more of smoke was coming out from the muffler, though it was clear and didn't have any burned smell to it, i was rather concerned, can someone tell me if this is ok since i just got that filter installed? could this be because i now need a performance exhaust? Thanks guys

Elmer

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think it's the extra air coming into the engine causing a "leaning" condition where the OEM fuel pump isn't giving enough gas to match up with the extra air from the cone filter. Have a friend mechanic check it out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Sep 12 2002, 03:29 PM
I think it's the extra air coming into the engine causing a "leaning" condition where the OEM fuel pump isn't giving enough gas to match up with the extra air from the cone filter. Have a friend mechanic check it out.

Thanks Falcon, i've read that you live in boston. I live in Everett...any suggestions of where i could go, where i wont get ripped off..thanks dude

·
Registered
3 Posts
eduarte:

Is it the FIPK? I didn't think K&N made a mod for the Millenia. Tell me more about the product, installation and performance, please. I have a K&N filter in my standard airbox on my 2.5L Milli. Is you cone on a 2.3 or 2.5. Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts