Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'99 626 ESV6, I have a "creaking" noise in the front end at low speeds or when i shift into gear. I brought it to dealer, they came for a drive with me and said they would "retorque and lubricate the bushings". They did something and it was quiet for a week or so(that cost me $62) but the noise gradually returned. I haven't been back to them yet about it - thought i would mention it here to see if anyone has heard of this. I looked under the car and see a support that goes from front of car back to near driver side and this has a motor(tranny?) mount on it....seems to have some kind of bushing around the bolts near the drivers area. It's more annoying than anything......any clues/suggestions?

·
Registered
349 Posts
has anything else in ur car made a creaking sound? i dont really knwo what to tell you, but i have a 99 626 4 cyl and i had to take it in cuz the steering wheel was squealing and so were the windows and i also bought it from a dealer. is ur car stick???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, no other sounds and it's nothing to do with steering. it's hard to describe here but it seems to make the noise like when u shift, and the engine moves as it drops into gear, it also makes it when you accelerate or decelerate slowly-like when you're in a parking lot. it's annoying and the car is perfect otherwise so i'm just gonna take my time to have it fixed right. i am gonna ask the dealer about it again but was hoping someone here could say "hey, i know what that is...you gotta do this...." Thanks for answering though...

·
Registered
329 Posts
It could be a number of things... make sure your CV boots are not broke... have you ever changed your brakes? Aftermarket metallic brake pads have a tendency to squeal.

Good luck

-ChRi§

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE@Sep 17 2002, 07:02 PM
It could be a number of things... make sure your CV boots are not broke... have you ever changed your brakes? Aftermarket metallic brake pads have a tendency to squeal.

Good luck

-ChRi§
Tell me about it... my brakes squeak every time I hit them.. I hate those damn pads :(

I'll replace them soon though, because the noise makes me :x The rotors will be changed at that point too, but until I NEED to do it.. I will procrastinate :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts