Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i removed the stock intake box and threw the cone on the end of the stock tubing, but it was too flimsy, and had a resonator on it... it wasn't very loud, and it didn't look too good... then i decided to get myself some chrome tubing! this not only looks a lot better, but it's LOUD! i floored it down a street and set off a few car alarms cause of how loud this thing is... i also noticed a slight increase in performance... it feels quicker off the line, and you can hear/feel when the vris kicks in between 3k-4k rpm. now for the pics:

I ***LOVE*** my Nitto NT-555 Extremes! I was able to fit 235/45's on the 1999+ millenia s rims... the grip is unparalleled!!!

tell me what u think ;)

next will be tinted taillights, and possibly a BMW M5, or Jaguar S-Type R wing :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
on that intake. I just have a few questions though. Is that tubing off an intake for another car, or did you pick that up at Home Depot? How did you attach the MAF and IAT sensor?
One thing I would change is put a heat shield on that filter or get a filter with one built on it, to prevent from sucking up all the hot air from the engine.

Last edited by zuke626 at Oct 6 2002, 09:24 AM

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by zuke626@Oct 6 2002, 09:22 AM
on that intake. I just have a few questions though. Is that tubing off an intake for another car, or did you pick that up at Home Depot? How did you attach the MAF and IAT sensor?
One thing I would change is put a heat shield on that filter or get a filter with one built on it, to prevent from sucking up all the hot air from the engine.
nope i looked at home depot first lol... they don't have tubing like this... i don't know what car it's for... my brother got the tubing for his probe gt (the tube was originally longer) because he wanted to make a custom cold air intake, but it didn't work out... so he gave me what was left of it... the iat sensor is off to the side... still haven't connected it.. the maf is connected using a 3 inch to 3 inch connector found at home depot (plumbing isle)... as for the heat sheild... i'll be looking into getting one, though the air won't be any hotter than stock... people think that the millenia has a "cold air" intake from the factory, but this is wrong... i removed all of the stock intake parts... if u follow the tube, it loops around, and comes BACK INTO THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT! I don't know why they did this... if you look right next to the fuse box, you'll see a snorkel type thing... thats where the air goes in...

later,
john

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you done any research on the rear wings you mentioned. One guy has the M5 rear spoiler lip that looks nice and it does't cost too much. I've been wondering if the Jaguar S Type or X type rear spoiler lip would fit on a Millenia with its curved trunk lid. I think a nice spoiler with a Sarona roof wing would be real sharp and not overly done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice job on the intake...i used a straight pipe personally...newayz can u give me a little explaintion on how u made that grill...i think it looks sweet.
thanx

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If you can get us a parts list, instructions and pictures to go with it.. I can post up a technical guide and show people how to do it :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
isnt it better to remain with the cool air intake on the S that comers stock, and just put in a k& n filter?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wanted a cold air intake but since I couldn't find any I went with a drop in filter instead. One member metioned that he had the RamFX thats made by FXteknology. I saw a filter for the Millenia S on ebay but was outbidded. Anyway, I was able to buy the filter with cleaner and treatment solution for $25.95. Its made in England and was used by the Super Touring Neuspeed Accord. Its a 3 stage foam filter (K&N is a cotton gauze filter) that they say can last over 50,000 miles (conservatively) between cleanings. I've only had it for a few days but it feels like there is better response on some of the flat spots. You can email them at: [email protected]

·
Registered
121 Posts
As someone stated earlier... the "cool air intake" that comes stock on the Mill S is not really all that cool. Although it looks like it pulls air from down low, this is not the case, as I found when I pulled off the goofy snorkel. Air is actually sucked from up in the engine bay up by the front headlight. I pulled off the piping and the silencer, so now air is pulled from just about 3 inches below the stock airbox, where it's nice and cool. I still have a stock filter. Didn't notice a whole lot of difference, it couldn't have hurt though. I'm sure a K&N high flow replacement filter would help... although I'd like to take the time to get measurements for a hard pipe intake that could be placed to draw cold air.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Millenia S,
Did you buy the roof wing from Sarona? If so how much was it because they have it advertised for $299 and that's pretty steep for a roof wing. I actually just installed the M5 lip spoiler on my 2002 Millenia. Be very careful when installing it because the double-side tape that comes with the spoiler is no good. After two days of installing the spoiler it started coming off on the sides. What the body shop did was add their own tape and they shaped it out to the width of the spoiler so it sat right flush. It's been a week now and no problems. It looks sweet! I've received a lot of compliments. I wanted to get the roof wing but $300 is definitely not worth it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey spoo thanks for the heads up on the lip spoiler. i'll have them use a better tape and cut it to the exact size.
on the sarona wing, yup i bit the bullet and paid 3 bills. you're right its definitely a rip off, but i really wanted my car to stand out and there's not much else in the way of body mods. though i did find a body kit available from japan that i'm looking into. includes a bolt-on front and rear spoiler and would run about 750-800 US.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by milleniaS@Oct 15 2002, 11:17 AM
hey spoo thanks for the heads up on the lip spoiler. i'll have them use a better tape and cut it to the exact size.
on the sarona wing, yup i bit the bullet and paid 3 bills. you're right its definitely a rip off, but i really wanted my car to stand out and there's not much else in the way of body mods. though i did find a body kit available from japan that i'm looking into. includes a bolt-on front and rear spoiler and would run about 750-800 US.
Got a picture of it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok here's the deal. the company is located in japan (from talking with the sales guy, i guess they are well known there), they're called AutoExe, their website is AutoExe, hint: click on the 4th white link at the top "car index" then scroll down to the millenia link, there are some sweet pics of the body kit. the overseas distributor is Boom Plus Toys in Vancouver, B.C. (p: 604-325-1882). Here's the deal on the body kit:

front spoiler $449.00
rear 1/2 spoiler $439.00
shipping (to Boston) $50.00
delivery: 4-6 weeks

they also have their own brand stainless steel muffler. bolt-on installation, deeper sound, increased hp, 2.3" pipe for $579.00, $50.00 shipping, 4-6 weeks delivery.

the body kit is nice, but a little rich for my blood.

·
Registered
45 Posts
im def. down for the intake. let me know how you did it and any details i need to do it. email [email protected] also can someone gimme the info on that exhuast?? thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kick ass job on the intake and grills.If you could get a parts list and insctructions for oth that would be great.I really want to that and think it would set my car off.One questition though, with that intake on there is your check engine light on? I just like having it cause it can warn ahead of time of any problems that might be developing.Also it looks like you polished the valve cover, did you do it yourself or get someone else to do it for you and how much?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i heard a while ago from someone that using a straight pipe intake system on the milly S can reduce torque in some situations. it was said that the factory intake box can acutally store a pocket of cool air for immediate pickup situations.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts