Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2018 Sport Nav with rusting evident in the area close to the tailgate camera. Mazda were supposed to have fixed this issue in post 2017 cars see attached. My car has also had four annual services at a Mazda dealership which is supposed to include body inspections for warranty purposes! Mazda are refusing to take any responsibility. how common is this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Motor Ombudsman took up my case as they felt I had a justified claim to a well-known and well documented issue. In the end they came down in favour of Mazda. It makes you wonder just how impartial they are especially when you consider all the evidence I provided on this problem going back as far as 2017 and the fact that Mazda were SUPPOSED to have fixed the issue from 2017 onwards.

·
Administrator
336 Posts
The Motor Ombudsman took up my case as they felt I had a justified claim to a well-known and well documented issue. In the end they came down in favour of Mazda. It makes you wonder just how impartial they are especially when you consider all the evidence I provided on this problem going back as far as 2017 and the fact that Mazda were SUPPOSED to have fixed the issue from 2017 onwards.
Did you have a paper trail or was it all verbal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes indeed! Perhaps Mazda should adopt the slogan RUST! RUST! in place of ZOOM, ZOOM, Also it is very obvious that they make contact with Head Office in Japan impossible for owners. I wonder why??? By the way my car was manufactured at the Mazda factory in THAILAND. Don't know if this might be significant where my issue is concerned?

·
Administrator
336 Posts
Well, it doesn't look horrible at least. I would fix that (I would do it myself) before it gets really bad. May I also suggest that if you keep your car clean that dirt won't settle in areas and turn into rust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See stripped down image of tailgate and zoom in to see the spread and extent of rusting (inside and outside). Mazda think this is acceptable on a four-year-old car even though it has had four annual services at a Mazda dealer that was supposed to include body inspections for warranty purposes
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim
!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts