Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our 2019 CX 5 Grand Touring (with 17k miles) lease ends this Oct and we may consider a new one but looking at the numbers we have equity remaining. The buyout is $19K. I see used for $30k. Are the 2019’s reliable after 3yrs? What exactly is covered under the New-Vehicle Limited Warranty, 36 months or 36,000 miles? Should I be concerned about reliability?
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Properly cared for and properly driven, these cars should easily make the 250-300,000 mile mark.
This isn't to say you won't need the periodic repair, Brakes and tires are a given.
So this becomes more about what the asking prices are and how it stacks up to the competition. I BOUGHT a 2018 lease trade with low miles. I have had zero issues with this car in two years.
I had intended on keeping it into high miles and maybe buying another car.

Since the lease has been payed, the equity in the car is what you paid into it, however much that is plus what buyout is. 19K seems high to me for a car you already payed a lot into. I am not a dealer so I have no idea if that's a fair price or not. I would be curious if they would negotiate a lower buyout for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 2019 CX 5 Grand Touring (with 17k miles) lease ends this Oct and we may consider a new one but looking at the numbers we have equity remaining. The buyout is $19K. I see used for $30k. Are the 2019’s reliable after 3yrs? What exactly is covered under the New-Vehicle Limited Warranty, 36 months or 36,000 miles? Should I be concerned about reliability?
Thanks
I did just that paid off my CX-5 Signature for 21k with 32k miles at the end of Aug. Suvs like mine are selling for 33 to 35k! so what happens on August 31 I have a coolant leak coming from about mid car with no over heating on the engine. I take to the local mazda service 3 days later they tell me its a water jacket issue. they need to order a new upper cylinder head. This is a major repair still under warranty 5yrs /60,000. the car up to this point has run perfect without any issues.what is very strange is the car was in the same shop 3 wks prior having a routine oil change. Service manager says the cylinder head was warped? I don't believe that ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts