Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has upgraded their CX-9 stereo ? I have a 2018 CX-9 Touring, and find the stereo quality meh...I enjoy premium sound esp on long drives. Would love to hear from anyone who may have looked into this, and their experience w the upgraded stereo. All recommendations welcome !
thx much !

·
Administrator
335 Posts
Has anyone looked at the replacement part codes for the head unit that is supposed to be non-Bose? I ask because, when I was a Subaru guy I did a lot of research online and found that ALL of the head units were made by harman kardon. The only thing different when you bought the "premium sound" was that the speakers were upgraded and little harman kardon badges were put on them. At first people on the forum where I posted this finding didn't believe me but soon realized I was right.

If I were to guess (I haven't checked) I would say that BOSE makes all of the in dash stereo components for all current Mazdas and then upgrades the speakers with BOSE and then adds the badges if the car has the "premium sound". It is a lot cheaper for a manufacturer to do that and of course they can charge extra for the "premium sound".

Have you thought about just upgrading your speakers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts