Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for any solutions to this problem. There was a thread from Aug. 25, 2021 "
P0301 Misfire Mystery"
"Hello Mazda World,

My 2012 Mazda5 has 91,000 miles on it. I have followed the maintenance schedule scrupulously since I bought the car new. Last summer, the car suddenly began going into low-power mode. The engine light and traction control light would come on and I would have to pull over. Once I turned off the car and turned it again, it drove normally. The engine light would not remain on so there was no code. I took it to a dealer and they couldn't reproduce the problem and there was no code so they said there was nothing they could do. Driving home from the dealer, I was less than a mile away when it happened again: low-power mode, traction control and engine lights on. Turned of the ignition, turned it on again and it drove normally.
That went on for a few months until the engine light started staying on after it went into low-power mode. The code was P0301, misfire on cylinder 1. Occasionally I got a lean fuel code and a misfire on cylinder 3. But the problem settled on a misfire on cylinder 1. And that is where it has been for months. ......."

Which explains pretty much what is happening to my car. The spark plugs and coils packs have been replaced. My niece has put car in manual mode with traction control off which seems to keep it from going into low power mode. The engine light is still on, but still there has been no solution to this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts