Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a question, anyone out there with a 626, particularly a 99 or above, have u noticed the paint on ur car pealing? or coming off in certain spots. i just got a 99 626 and im noticing some little spots are missing paint, and when i was looking for a car, i noticed a handful of 626's missing paint. does anyone know if this is a defect or what?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Never heard of it... depends on where you live I'd imagine, if you get acid rain then it might increase the chances.

·
Registered
349 Posts
oh okay, well i guess its just cars here in jacksonville, fl, i mean when i was lookin at cars on the lot, two were missing paint, but it could of been because they had been wrecked. but i dont know. we dont have acid rain problems here, though.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I've seen it here, but I attribute it to rain. Towards the end of the rainy season our rain seems to be a little acidic, and during heavy rain storms it really does a number on your car. What can happen is it will rain, then the sun will come out and bake the mineral deposits on your paint. This essentially eats the clear coat off your paint, causing your paint to dry out and oxidize and peel away. Right along with what Shayaan was saying.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
hey.. yeah it rains a lot here....will waxing my car help prevent this problem?
Should definately help. Do it twice a year, should cover you good.

My car is garaged, so I am lazy and do it like every other year :p I waxed this year though hehe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '99 626 LX and have been wanting to get some touch up paint for the nicks on my car. I haven't attributed the nicks to a bad paint job, but maybe so. I'm pretty active (fishing, camping, etc., etc) so I beat on my car, and drive it like it's an SUV. Anyways, does anyone know of an economical place/way to get a hold of some touchup paint (original paint)?

I found one website that is based out of Alabama and asks for your VIN to find your paint. The paint was only $3, but the shipping was about $5! Not entirely undoable, but it just feels strange to pay more for shipping than for the product! :blink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts