Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being a '97, your truck should be OBD-II compliant. The connector will be within 2 feet of the drivers seat. Most often under the dash.[/b]

I looked everywhere under the dash, in the fuse box, in kick panels, I still cannot find it. I cannot even find a book for this particular car. I bought a Haynes book but it only cover trucks up to 1993. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maybe it's the same for an injected B2200. Look in the engine bay by the windshield wiper mounting plate. There should be a wiring harness there and the connections may be near by coming out of that wiring harness. This is for a B2200, but it may be the same for a 2600i. Usually the dealer will just tell you for nothing if you ask nice, at least mine does.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ok, first off, what country are you in? The B2600i was discontinued in the US in 1993. It was still made abroad. Regardless, most '96 and newer vehicles were still made to OBD-II standards after '96. If the vehicle was made for the third world market, this may not be the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me jump in here.... I've got a '92 B2600i 4X4 with 110K miles and am wondering if I actually have any sort of diagnostic connector. Can't find it underneath the steering wheel???

I have a check light that has been on for longer than I can remember and have bought a Chilton 87 to 92 Mazda Truck repair manual but see no reference to check lights or diagnostic code connectors.

Any clue here as to how to read check light or turn it off?

Take out the check light bulb maybe? Put a piece of tape over it?

thanks,

gacracker

·
Registered
6 Posts
For North America the B2600 was discontinued in 93, up until that point there was no port for a "scan tool" there was a diagnostic port under the hood that could be grounded for the mil light to blink out codes. Mazda had a "Code Reader" which could be hooked up directly inline with the computer and could basically tell you what kind of signal was going through each circuit at the time, but not even close to any type of scan tool.

After 96, it could be hit or miss as mentioned above. I believe the current OBD II standard is that the diagnostic port has to be within 12 inches of the steering column. I think the standard for 96 and 97 was either within 24 inches of the column or the driver side seat, it's been a really long time since I've had to know any of that stuff.

If the truck does not comply to OBD II it's doubtful that it has a scan tool port, it probably just has the diagnostic port under the hood for the mil light to blink out the codes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All.... From Australia here.... I have a 1997 Ford Courier XL4WD Model PD with the 2.6L 4 Cyl Engine... I think it would be the same as the Mazda Bravo of this era as they look the same... On mine, there is a diagnostic connector in the engine bay, on the passenger side (Ride Hand Drive Vehicle) next to the coolant and power steering reservoirs..... I hope this helps someone out there... Take Care All.... Kind Regards, Greg.... (Country Victoria, Australia)...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Let me jump in here.... I've got a '92 B2600i 4X4 with 110K miles and am wondering if I actually have any sort of diagnostic connector. Can't find it underneath the steering wheel???
Not really a diagnostic port until 1996 vehicles in USA.

I've got a '92 B2600i 4X4 with 110K miles and ....I have a check light that has been on for longer than I can remember and have bought a Chilton 87 to 92 Mazda Truck repair manual but see no reference to check lights or diagnostic code connectors.

Any clue here as to how to read check light or turn it off?

Take out the check light bulb maybe? Put a piece of tape over it?
Mazda calls that the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL); it lights at certain odometer intervals, to entice folks to take their vehicles in for service, like timing belt on B2200 models (60K, 80K, 140K, etc.). One swaps the wire under the dash, extreme driver side, to turn the light off.

The Malfunction Indicator Light is re-set by swapping a wire push-on connector under the dash, driver side, right next to the firewall; it's hard to see, lie down and look up, there will be an unused connector, just swap it, then swap back next time the light goes on at that set interval. Swap the Brown/white stripe and the green wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts