Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a digital dash for my car. I have an 89 4ws abs turbo model mx6. And it has the simple analogue dash. I want to transfer the digital dash into my car, has any body got any tips hints or ideas? :blush:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I assume the gauge panel is the same size and shape for either unit, correct? If that's the case, fit shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully, the senders for the various gauges (oil, temp, tach, etc.) should match up to the digital gauge panel with no conflicts. A wiring diagram (from a Chilton or Haynes manual) should tell you all you need to know.

Also, when making the switch, you'll want to make sure the battery is disconnected. That way, you can avoid spiking the voltage and possibly frying a circuit before the panel's even been installed. And make double-sure all the wiring connections are tight before you put your dash back together - you don't want to have to dig in there again.

Duncan :D - good luck!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Cool! You and I are probably the only people who don't mind a good-looking digital dash - I remember being fascinated by the display in my aunt's Mercury Sable when I was in junior high school.

Having not seen it, is the digital tach one of those cool "rising" bar graphs? If so, that would be sweet... :)

Duncan ;D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it sweeps from the bottom left corner, and up over the speedo, reading in a bar graph manner. The lights anre yellow and every thousand is orange. The rest is lit up green, fuel display, speedo, temp, rev numbers etc etc, looks way sweet!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts