Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was moving my daughter from Iowa to Phoenix, AZ. She has a Mazda CX-5 with (at the start of the move 60,000 miles). She threw a rod 70 miles outside of Phoenixand the car had 62,000 miles - (2,000 miles out of warranty). She brought the car to Cardinale Way Mazda and they wouldn't even discuss some sort of negotiation with her. They said the engine blew due to lack of lubrication, which is BS since I changed her oil right before she left. I called the Mazda dealer and said that I know engines (rebuilt a couple in my day) and that the cause was the bearing slipped which was the cause of the rod cap breaking (I had a piece of the rod cap in my hand and showed it to them). They refused to talk any more to me at that point. I need to talk to a service rep for the Phoenix area but don't know how to contact one and Cardinale Way Mazda was no help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your out of warranty. Period. Rarely do they make exceptions. You have nothing to complain about. What you are requesting is them to fix your car for free out of warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mach1219...All I'm asking is if you or anyone knows how to contact a regional service rep. The rest isn't your concern and I'm not asking them to fix my daughters car for free but they should do something, especially if they want a return customer. It's 2000 miles out of warranty, not 20,000 miles and if their engines are only good for 60,000 miles then the car is crap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your out of warranty. Period. Rarely do they make exceptions. You have nothing to complain about. What you are requesting is them to fix your car for free out of warranty.
Mach you are staying the facts, but your answer in a little harsh. What we need is a little encouragement and kindness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many times Manufacturers will approve a "good faith" warranty claim. Call Mazda customer service (the numbers should be in your owner's packet in the glove box) and express your disappointment in the product. Of all the Mazda's I have owned I have never had a major engine failure. My Mazda Protege5 was well on it's way to 340K until a BMW SUV T boned it. Even my early rotary engine cars did better than 60K (RX3 and RX7). Just make sure if you do have it repaired without their help keep all the parts (and I mean all parts) and documents which may include paying the core charge on your old engine. You may then file a complaint letter to MANA and wait for the process. I have had to go through this process once with a Ford product (1989 Probe) and I received a check from Ford within ninety days. Also do some research to see if any other owners have suffered the same failure (maybe a bad batch of rod bolts?). The important thing is keep good records on the vehicle and that includes all service records since it was purchased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts