Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry:
for some reason, my god damn passenger side window doesn't want to roll down. I checked the fuses and they all look ok. can someone tell me how to open up the door panels so I can check wiring or whatnot?
any help will be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
My dad recently had this problem on his car. Well it turned out the window was 'sticking' somehow to the bead that seals out the water. He ended up playing around with it, and using his hand and while rolling it down pushed the window down a little and it worked fine after that. Hopefully it'll be that easy for you homeboy B) Other that that I would get an indication if your window motor was even working or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It rolls down reeeeally slow, if any, when it wants. I have to hold down the switch on my door while, at the same time, someone is holding down the switch on the passenger door. Weird shit. It seems like it's some damn wire that's loose or something, but I don't even know how to take off the door panel so I can check.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
All my other windows work fine, by the way.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I will post door panel removal soon.. havn't had time to take pictures yet.

But you will see it shortly as a tech guide.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by migga626@Sep 16 2002, 06:17 PM
for some reason, my god damn passenger side window doesn't want to roll down. I checked the fuses and they all look ok. can someone tell me how to open up the door panels so I can check wiring or whatnot?
any help will be appreciated. thanks.
It may have nothing to do with wiring...maybe your gears just broke...or are jamed

Good luck

-ChRi§

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:mellow: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :ph34r: :ph34r:

gears??????? can you please splain?

:ph34r: :ph34r: :huh: :huh: :huh: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
to take the door panel off is simple. but befor you do that if your window is going up and down at all its not the wiring or the motor. most likely it is that your rubber seal that the window slides up and down against it dry. To fix this is simple roll your window down and spray some Silicone Spray with the straw attached into the groove. Have a rag read to wipe up the excess because it may foam up depending on what kind you get. after you spray move your window up and down(2-3 times) until eventually it moves at the normal speed. You may want to do all your other windows at this time.

If that still does'nt work and you need to take off the pane. 1) open the armrest on the door pop off the 2 plastic screw cover with a flat head. take the screws out. 2) there is round plastic screw cover in the upper left corner pop this off but be carefull because it is attached and take the screw out 3)at the bottom of the panel( the part faces the ground when the door is open) there are 2 phillips head screws that them out. 4) take the trim piece of the inside door latch off( with a flat head pop it off starting with the right side of it). 5) now it time to take the panel off. get your fingers inside the panel at the bottom left handside and pull until you feel it pop then work your way accross to the right and then up half way. once this is done push your panel up and to the right watch for the cover for the mirror screws you will have to clear this by pushing up and to the right befor you can take the door panel completely off. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
it can be kind of a pain to put back on... hey Sarsour will that Silicone spray help w/ the roll up/down speed? I think that my passenger side front window rolls down slower than my drivers' side front window, wanted to fix that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You know, I have that smae problem of my drivers side being faster then the passanger side in my 96 2.5. Wierd stuff....darn designers....

·
Registered
49 Posts
it will help only if the rubber is dry. try and see it wont hurt it. my windows all move at the same speed. what i think you all are reffering too is that when you have both windows down and try to put both windows back up at the same time the driver closes faster than the passenger. This is normal and most cars do this, my acura does it and so did the car befor that. There is nothing that you can do about it. the power cable running to the passenger door is longer than the one that runs the driver door window so of course there will be a power loss.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts