Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, the engine started hesitating when I accelerate. Thought it was water in the gas tank, but the usual water removal additives did not work. The problem does not occur at idle nor at cruising speed, only during acceleration. If I accelerate really slowly, most of the time the problem does not occur. However, I am too young to be beaten off lights by tractor-trailers, so if anyone has some ideas, or has a similar problem, I would appreciate hearing from them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
check/clean your fuel injectors....clean gas tank.....clean all injectors, if it still messing w/ u.....might want to check transmission, n' gears

Good Luck

-Chris

PS: Welcome to MAZDAWORLD.ORG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. Actually, I have checked the gas tank, injectors, fuel filter, air filter. The problem is worse on humid days than on dry days. I am wondering whether the spark plug cables may be arcing or whether it is some kind of sensor. It's a 5 speed, btw.

·
Registered
329 Posts
A way you can test your spark plug wires is at night start your car, and let it run, and with a screw driver run it across your wires, don't touch the wires, what your looking out for is, to see if sparks jump from your wires to the screw driver...is so there bad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the same problem with my 626. I changed the fuel filter....air filter....cap&rotor......wires. Still the same problem. I also had the injectors cleaned.....still the same. What I found was actually kinda wierd. The rubber air intake hose that goes from the air filter to the engine was cracked and brittle and the seal was no longer there. For now i just put duct tape around it :p but i'm getting the part from the dealer soon. 3 week backorder. 75 bucks later for that part and a whole bunch more for everything else but it's fixed and at least I know the problem now..........HOPE THIS HELPS.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it turns out that it was the spark plug cables. Apparently this problem happens a lot with mid-1990's 626's. Thanks for all your input and suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts