Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Mazda 3 GT Sedan. When it gets to -15C and below the engine can't get the needle out of the blue. Tried to use sport mode to increase the RPM's, but it flashes on the dash and won't come on when this happens, so I have to put the car into manual mode and keep it a gear or two below the norm and it's a marginal affect. Idle and revving the engine is more effective. The highway seems to made it colder. This the the second year to have this issue. Last year they discovered not enough anti freeze was put in at factory. Lots of issues with this new build. Are there different rated thermostats in the radiator depending on your Lattitude? Not good to have it on the highway when the temp is so low.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s currently at the dealer. They couldn’t reproduce the issue. Waiting for it to be below -15°C.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First dealer was useless. Go Mazda.They said it was fine, ignore the gauge. They charged me 159 for diagnostic fee. But the gauge is still in the blue when I drive and doesn’t heat up. Second dealership identified it was the thermostat within 30 minutes. Part is on order. Called Mazda Canada. Asking for the diagnostic money back.

·
Administrator
117 Posts
I remember in HS I had an AUDI that would freeze up like that. A friend and I totally drained the coolant system, the heater core, EVERYTHING. Undid ALL of the hoses and used a compressor to blow out all of the liquid.

Then we mixed up a batch of anti-freeze water mix that was a higher concentration of antifreeze that is recommended and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hydrometer showed good to -45. Still waiting for the thermostat and it has been -40C/F for the past 9 days. Hopefully it's the last repair for a long time and realising I just jinxed myself...🤞🤣

·
Administrator
117 Posts
The hydrometer showed good to -45. Still waiting for the thermostat and it has been -40C/F for the past 9 days. Hopefully it's the last repair for a long time and realising I just jinxed myself...🤞🤣
MY GOD! How do people live in such cold weather? Or, why on earth would anyone want to? YIKES!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts