Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i know this is a lounge thats supposed to be off topic, but i figured most ppl would look here. so does anyone know about motors that will fit the 626? i have a 4cyl 99 lx, i want to get a motor and imthinking about gettin a jap spec motor its the fs ze, and it is a 4 cyl with 170 hp, and its not maxed out, which is really good cuz mine has 125hp , i do have stick which helps, but i want some more power. or does anyone know about any other engines that will fit my car, or any good engines for my car? anyone know anything about the fs ze? get back to me
-Em (!)

·
Registered
40 Posts
well this is what i heard, the fz engine, well its hard to get it to pass emissions down here. Plus its not that goof of an engine. Thats what i heard. If i were you id do what i want to do, that is get the v6 engine for this car. Its the KL-ZE. Its a 2.5L DOHC 200hp. With a 5 spd tranny its about 1700 and with an LSD tranny its around 2100. About the same price as the FZ engine but you have more hp and more reliable.

My two cents...........

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you want to stick with a Mazda engine? I was doing some research and found the Nissan Maxima VQ engines should work in my 89 626. Some slight modification will be required though..... I was planning to buy a front cut for the maxima and replace as much as possible in the 626...including the wiring, brakes, display console, climate control etc....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh okay, well i need to do some research on the 4 cyl, is the 6cyl like maxed out tho ?? i still wanna be able to do performance mods after the engine swap. my 4 cycl right now already is stick. i thought for a 4 cyl the 170hp was really good, and i could still do lots of performance mods, but if the v6 isnt maxed out, th en that would be cool and its about the same price as the 4cyl.

hey whats the maxima motor u are talking about, and my car is an 99 so would it fit in there??

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea, also. Who do you know who has the motor fs ze? Do they have an email, i can contact them? What makes it a bad motor? I wanted the fs ze because it drops right in, and the 6cyl would take work to put in.

626dude....How are you gonna make the nissan maxima fq fit in ur car? would it fit in my year (99)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Again what i heard about teh fz engine was just from one person who had it. He could of had just gotton a bad one who knows. Yea true it will drop in more easily than the v6. But i think the v6 is a better buy. I doubt the v6 engine is maxxed out at 200. I know you can go more. I mean i dont think mazda would put maxxed out engines in their cars. I read somewhere that with the v6 your 0-60 times is somewhere around 7 to 8 secounds. Pretty fast to me. But the site with some engines is at:

www.corksport.com

That has the fz engine. For the v6 the site is:

www.streetimports.com

check the both out and try to find out more info about them. Whatever u find out let me know also. I need to look aorund cuz i found some buy that makes turbos and superchargers for the 626. I need to find the site again when i do i will post it up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im just wondering why ur friend doesent like the motor or whatever? whats wrong with it, to make it bad? 7-8 seconds....the v6 runs 0-60 about the same time and its a stock v6 626. thanx for the sites and keep me updated with any info u find out.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hey that KL-ZE motor is a common swap for Mazda MX-3 owners and corksport can get you one easy. The MX-3 owners that I knew of having one seemed to find quite a bit to do to it... I know some run sub 14 sec 1/4 mile... pretty damn fast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok i found the site where the guy makes turbos and superchargers for mazdas.

http://www.geocities.com/knightturbos/

The guy sells them at a very reasonable price. Talk to him for more info on whatever you need. He makes turbos and superchargers for mazda 626's. For the Kl-ZE engine he sells a twin turbo setup. That twin turbo setup aint cheap. But the single turbo or supercharger for the 4-cycl and V6 run for around $4000. That includes everything you will need. Gauges, intercooler, boost controller, etc..... Read on and see whats up. If anyone is gunna buy one or has one let me know how they are im interested in buying one for my car.

Oh yea he told me for the 4-cycl. he sells a killer stroker kit. Talk to him about everything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok the Nissan VQ30 has over 255 horses.....and this is before any performance mods. I'm not sure of the size of your engine compartment...If you the model I think you have, then it should fit but just verify this before you start

The mechanic who looked at installing the VQ engine was going to fabricate a harness that bolts to the engine and the engine mounts on the body...so mods on the body would be made. Maxima's trans was going to used also. One of the axles would be the original 626 one and the other was the maxima's...
I was going replace the entire electrical system with the maxima's one.....This would allow the climate control AC and other features that my 626 does not have. The display was the maxima's one customized to fit in the 626 dash opening...

There is a lot of work involved, thats why I was not allowed to start the conversion until I buy wife another car.... I intend to make the switch in the coming year...

I hope this helps.....
626 Dude

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really dont know what to say about that i mean thats a lot of work and a lot of money. I cant go that long without a car. Plus i dont have the money for all that. I mean sont get me wrong that sounds very cool and tight but with all the money your gunna spend on that you can drop in the KL-ZE engine with an LSD tranny and do more stuff to the engine and car and all. A lot more. But i mean you would be original.

Do you have a website that give info about that engine and stuff ? ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
626 dude...
thats cool, my bf has a maxima...and his is really fast but he has mods onto it. tell me how it goes when u do get that motor put in?

romans...
i agree with you i think the best way to go is get the kl ze that drops right in. yea but who cares if ur original. think about it, how many ppl hook up a 626 with speeD? whenever i even talk about hooking up my 626 with speed, ppl are like why bother, when you could have a naturally fast car like an amiercan muscle car, and they dont think that you could make a 626 fast, so making a 626 fast is original enough, so then you can show up those ppl who talk shit and have american muscle cars, and spank the shit out of them. if you find out any place that has info more on the kl ze please let me know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea i agree you dont see many 626's suped up. Really around here i have only seen like 2 and that was with just rims. Im gunna work for speed and looks. The next thing im planning on buying are new springs and strutss The suspension on the 626 is too soft and if u noticed the wheels start bouncing when u try to peel out. After that get new rotors and then save up for the kl-ze engine. Drop that in save up more and probably supercharge it by thomas knight. We'll c how it goes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone know the compression rate of the kl-ze engine......

People say they want to drop it in, then SuperC there motor...well if the motor had a high compression rate...forced induction, might not be as affective, until the motor's compression is lowered..... anyone know the anwer to this? The reason i ask is becuase the motor has 170 stock, and thats really good for the motor, so most likly the motor is built..maxed out, with a high compression.... im just woundering thanks... And what's the compression on the 626's stock 4 bannger...and V6?¿?

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
First off you are thinking of the FS-ZE engine. That has 170 hp stock. Im not sure what the comperssion ratio is for that engine. But the KL-ZE engine, whicjh is the V6 engine, is a 200hp DOHC 2.5L engine. The compression ratio on the KL-ZE engine is 10.0 compression ratio.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What are the power gains on the turbo / SuperC kits they make for thoes motors? The motors seem to have a high compresson rate, if the power gains arnt that great, im sure lowing the compresson would rase the power gains....actuly i know it would

-ChRi§

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just goto to the site i gave a few posts up. Thomas Knight turbos. He makes all kinds of stuff for the mazda engines. You can email him and he will answer any of your questions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry dident see the link, i'll check it out.

Thanks

-Chri§

1 - 20 of 76 Posts