790 Posts
self explanatory...

<div align="center">DISCUSS.....

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
errr... not sure..

Well I went over a MASSIVE pot hole the other day and my drivers side coilover is toast.

Time to get some new ones. joyyy.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yeah thought about it, thinking about trying to get my hands on some damper adjustables.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am in the mood for some adjustable coilovers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to breathe life into this old thread but...
Can you tell me what series of FC coilovers fit the HC 929? Looking at some secondhand rears for now as the rear springs are so shagged, coming to a stop feels like I'm in a boat.
Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to breathe life into this old thread but...
Can you tell me what series of FC coilovers fit the HC 929? Looking at some secondhand rears for now as the rear springs are so shagged, coming to a stop feels like I'm in a boat.
Cheers
Any s4 s5 are both fc and there the same also skyline rears fit and i havent tried but im gunna try silvia cefiro laurel fronts as they look the same im sure they will fit it's easy just get some parts slap it in it's all good also i have had a31 adjusties in the rear of my luce wich is the same as r33 i tried it out before i got some rx7 adjusties

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thread is quite old, but before new season I've got a question on this suspension setup.. I've got FC front stock shocks with springs and 180sx Koni Sports with H&R lowering springs in the rear. Not so good setup as coilovers, but still it drives very nice :) Has anyone solved camber issues with lowered 929HC? Rear has too much negative camber and the front has too much positive. How to solve this?

It can be clearly seen in the picture below..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thnx for an answer, need to discuss with some workshop about the rear camber arms, to be fabricated. But in front it would be better to have coilovers to have proper space for camber adujstment, yes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bump - Warmup this old Thread :)

So as many of us have read through Mazda World
The closest car coilovers that will fit the Mazda 929 HC / Luce = Mazda RX7 FC

As i´ve been read through:
the Backs will fit straight in, and the fronts has to be a "little bit customized" with old parts from 929 Dampers (Top Parts).

Im in Contact with KSport Germany, they asked if the 929 HC has a similar platform with other models.
Told them no - but the possibility of RX7 FC Damper Mounts (with reference to mazdaworld informations from 929 owners)
And the Problem that the "fronts" are really short which would create the issue to wind up the fronts to the top max.

They´ve sent me the "Detail Measures" of the RX7 FC Dampers.

KSport Shop told me:
To "Change" the front dampers to a "longer version" isn´t a big problem for them - because the coilovers are "modular build". I think they will exchange the RX7 FC monotube to a longer one with same tube diameter and piston diameter.

I want to share the Plan with you - so everybody has the detail measures :) - Measurement is in "CM - Centimeters" from the KSport Coilover - to get a clue about "straight fit, and custom work".

This should be the KSport Set for the RX7 FC (85-91 Buildyear)

Best Regards
Sascha

·
Registered
15 Posts
If somebody knows "Mad Mikes" 929 Taxi,

i´ve read through all articles, and found the "sponsor" of MadMikes 929 Luce Taxi Coilover Suspension,

I contacted the Tuner, hopefully its the right one and here is their answer:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts