Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For performance stuff, Go to NOPI.com it has some performance parts for the 929. I know this cause I own a 929 myself and have done a bunch of performance stuff to it already. I have an exhaust system, cold air intake, 2nd transmittion cooler, performance spark plugs and new wires. Looks wise all I have is the bottom repainted slilver, crome border all around, spoiler, nice as heck tail pipes, getting lexus IS 300 rims tommorow, custom mesh front grill, replaced a bunch of lights with awesome collerd ones, interior I have a rockford fosgate head unit, two 10's, upgrade full range speakers (Memphis) and about 1200 watts runnin' through the car. I want to maybe put a superchip in it, NAS, supercharger, Rockers, hollow out cats... but that will all come later... I would love to talk to someone who has done stuff to their 929 to!

B)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Originally posted by pittsmaster@Feb 12 2003, 04:34 PM
I have a 1990 Mazda 929 S. I am looking for some modifications. Any new help will be gladly accepted!
Id say change your stock intake system, thats what I did, what a difference, look at my sig

·
Registered
202 Posts
i still havent found much performance parts or accessories for my 929 yet. ive checked a lot of sites and just cant find any for my 92 929.

·
Registered
115 Posts
im all over both those sites..

aside from lightbulbs etc.. theres really nothing for the HD on nopi or corksport.. wiper blades, starter, distributor cap etc.. prices seem pretty fair though...

very very slightly more available for the HC... an alternator.. better brake kit.. clutch kit.. not much more than that...

good tuneup stuff maybe.. plugs, wires, etc....

i hate how they leave like 20 categories of parts up in the list so you think theres tons then when you spend 30minutes goign to each one, you find 75% of them are empty :(

·
Registered
790 Posts
very very slightly more available for the HC... an alternator.. better brake kit.. clutch kit.. not much more than that...[/b]
a better brake kit???

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah, the HD doesnt really list much in the way of brake parts but for the HC theres extra products available...

high performance pads basically.. and hardware kits.

the only parts for the HD are the brake discs...
sorry didnt look too deeply, jsut rechecked.

r1concepts makes good rotors and has brake lines and calipers for the 929s tho if u look them up in need of better brakes. i got a set of nice rotors from them

·
Registered
790 Posts
for the HC I've seen Akebono pads, Brembo Rotors, and some stainless steel braided brake lines.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For the HD you can get the stainless brake lines, 3pot calipers, regular or bigger sized brake rotors drilled, slotted, plain, or crossdrilled and slotted,...
and a few kinds of premium pads...
but youreally goota search for the lines and calipers i had to go on ebay and then search the websites of the people selling brake stuff to find one.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you haulin a trailer? unless you did some massive mods and got 300hp, you dont need bigger brakes. I like the mention of mvp cylinders/calipers that Nine mentioned, but I wouldent be researching breaks (performance) unless you need them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are you haulin a trailer? unless you did some massive mods and got 300hp, you dont need bigger brakes. I like the mention of mvp cylinders/calipers that Nine mentioned, but I wouldent be researching breaks (performance) unless you need them.[/b]
Auto-x?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i did it for looks.
and also because the brakes were original rotors and were warped/rusted to shit...
and the performance brakes were not much more than the regular kit of plain...
tho i didnt do lines and calipers just rotors etc..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Seen a few, no idea on quality. Anyone know about the products or companies? Especially interested in the fuel rail adapter. Thanks

http://sector29.com/PRODUCT_PAGES/41/41-17...-m613-8188.html
Weapon R Fuel Rail Adapter

http://www.globalautoshop.com/accessories/...mazda_index.htm
Cold Air Intake, Electric Supercharger System (1.3 psi)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA-PROTE...1QQcmdZViewItem
Cold Air Intake, from Global Auto Shop/Tuning Car Parts.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-95-MAZDA...1QQcmdZViewItem
Air filter w/ adapter for that MAF

1 - 19 of 19 Posts