Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have fixed my EGR problem. I figured that an EGR problem meant that the EGR valve needed to be replaced or cleaned, so i took it off last week and tried cleaning it. There was some carbon buildup in there but nothing too excessive. Last night while driving home the CEL came on again...so it was back to the drawing board. After some research i found out where the EGR ports were in the throttle body, and attempted to clean those.
this is what i found...

i could not even fit a small hex key into the port opening. The left port was completely blocked off, and the right one wasn't too much better. After cleaning and taking the carbon out of the ports, it looked alot better.

so if you get a code for the egr valve flow and cleaning your EGR valve itself doesnt do the trick...try this.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got a P0400 code...and here are some more pics.

this is where the EGR valve is...

and this is where the EGR ports are...

and yes i know my engine is dirty...and will be getting a full cleaning within the week.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i hope this fixes it for me...i've been riding around without an inspection sticker for a few weeks now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.