Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, who's got all the dirt on wiring up aftermarket fog lamps?
-I want to do this as "factory" as possible
-I'll bite the bullet and pay the dealer for a "real" factory switch
-is the wiring already there behind the dash?
-if wiring is there, does it feed out to the engine compartment?

the kit i have is complete with the relay, fuses and all of that but if possible i'd rather try to use the factory hookups if they're there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Aftermarket lights can be installed how ever u want it... as nice as you want it... you put them where you want them, run the wires as neatly as you can. Yes your going to have to hook them up behind your dash that is the hard parts... personly i think you should try your self, taking it to the dealer, will be big bucks on your wallet...

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max, thanks for the reply...i wasn't talking of taking it to the dealer(yikes), I just want to get the factory switch that goes in the dash(i know it's expensive, i've read it's over 40 bucks or some outrageous amount). I have read somewhere that when you get behind there and remove the fill in next to the other 2 switches, the wiring is already there. I just can't remember where i saw that, some article on the web.
My understanding was that the wiring runs from the switch, possibly thru the fuse panel and out to the engine compartment somewhere for hookup.
This may be all too good to be true i realize. If not I can do the wiring...
I'm hoping someone who has done this switch thing can enlighten me on what to expect.
I'm also hoping that someone may have a link on the web with some info.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Check a junk yard... that way maybe you will find a wrecked 626 and you can rip off the switch and get it for cheep.

2nd , since your riping the wrecked car apart, you can see how all the wiring works, and follow it your self.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
32 Posts
That switch is more like $65. I had the same thought then I just used a generic switch from O'Reillys and trimmed it to fit the stock hole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the dash out in my 1994 626 LX last weekend.
It was not fun. Email me at [email protected]
and I can give you some tips on the dash disassembly.
That way you won't break as much stuff as I did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
there is no wireing in place to my knowlege. my reasoning is that a 99 es does not have the option of stock fog lights so i figure that they would not run extra wires for a part that will not be able to be sold from the lot. Im not 100 percvent sure but ive been talking to my car buddies and they cant find a fault in my logic.... but then again they have been wrong on several occations im not proud to admint. :angry: heheh anywho i hope i helped you. when you get dont email me i would be curious to know how you did it so i dont break as many things as you do ya know. hehehe :devil:

·
Registered
349 Posts
626 ithink you are right, cuz like you said for the 99, fog lights arent even an option those arent an option till when they started makin the upgraded 626 that looks basically the same as ours, except new tail lights, more aggressive, not to mention some of them have a dual muffler which is good cuz its not under the car like ours is, it actually sticks out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ah man i want that muffler style. Im just talking to the moderador in the Performace mod section about a custome exhaust for my 626. it looks like i need to cut away part of my bumper :angry: Im not happy about that...Do you happen to know the year make and model of that car with the bumper that fits that cool exhaust thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts