Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have instructions on replacing the fog lights for a '99 milly? cant wait to get these piaa's in :shock:

·
Registered
365 Posts
They take bout 10 mins to do....take the little cover that goes on teh front bumper around the foglight off...just use a lil flat head and pry it off...now there will be four screws holding the foglight in place....it will be like top left top right bottom left and bottom right....once these are all undone pull out the light and you will see on the back of it a little metal peice holding the bulb in. Push down on it and move it to the side. now the light should come out but it will have a wire that should be still attached. Pull on the wire and it will come out. Now take ur new bulb and put it in the foglight first....make sure what ever u do, don't touch the lense of the bulb just the bottom of the bulb or the wire. Now clamp that metal peice back down and attach the wire to the other wire...you will know what im talking about when u see it....now screw those four bolts back in put on the plactic peice on the bumper again and now u have new fog lights. If you have problems let me know.

Brian

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok just got them in they're lookin great! thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got a 2001 P and the fog lamps don't really project far. 3 questions - are there height adjustments for these fog lights - is so how is it done?

Secondly has any one just replaced the bulb to get better projection? I've really never seen a bulb that's covered in the front so that the beam is hindered. What is the wattage of the current bulbs??

Many thanks in advance!

-Wayne

Last edited by c4millenia at Sep 29 2002, 07:15 PM

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wayne, most likely your fog lights are adjusted just right. They're not supposed to be bright lights that light up the road miles in front of you, but rather fog lights, which throw out a very low broad beam of light to cut under the fog line just in front of you so you can see the stripes on the road in dense fog. As far as changing the bulbs, be careful, as the wires may not be rated to carry the higher wattage for the new bulbs. I have however heard good things about PIAA's. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
anyone know how to re-wire the fogs?? i want them on with my parking lights. thank you

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by Pearl99Mazda@Nov 5 2002, 04:20 PM
anyone know how to re-wire the fogs?? i want them on with my parking lights. thank you
And if somebody does, send me an email so I can post it up as a technical guide :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes please some one tell us. my stock fog lighst dont work when i press the button. what can it be?? where is th fuse located??? can i rewire them to turn on with my head lights?! please tell me .thanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts