Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did the mod, thanks 9ine Deuce, its page 5 on 'KDM Performance' topic. Very easy, all I used was a drill and hand file. Just pull out rear seat, deck, strut covers (under deck), measure, drill/cut strut bar/tower, and put on. The original strut bar/tower was $20 on ebay. I used a pretty flat strut bar, some are sorta arch-shaped, might want to watch the clearance with those. Also, watch the round center that sticks up.

As for performance gains: my rear springs are shot, but not my struts. My tires are cheap and pretty tall, probably 195/55/15 or so and running out of tread. Been testing out freeway ramps, the tires squeal less and only right before the rear end starts to slide. Speed gains: Easily 5-10 mph faster on a 45 mph 90 degree curve. I'm sure those w/ better struts, lower cars, better/wider tires could fare better.

(not actual pic of my car)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
good to hear it went well. take a pic and post it up. i find that alot of older HC's have those sagging rear suspension problems, mine was one.

now to find a front strut bar that requires minimal effort.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, gotta get the pic developed. rained last night, the back end gets out easier w/ the bar. can't wait for the snow. had a rear bar on my lightly modded s13 and it made it harder to get the back end out.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
nothing, just a couple cuts and drill a some holes and your good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts