Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2022 Mazda CX-5 S Preferred
5 Posts
I had given up on this place... tumbleweeds! Yet, I return.

Forgive me for not knowing but is yours the NA or Turbo? If the NA 2.5L 21 is low but not necessarily if you only drive in the city plus its winter. My 22 has 11,400 miles and averages 27.3 according to my Fuelio App (manual calc based on miles/gallon) and 27.5 over the last 2800 miles according to the car. I drive about 60/40 freeway/city. It's rated 24/30/26 and driver estimates over at the fueleconomy.gov website say average is 28.1 which seems consistent with the MPG estimates.

Have you checked long and short term fuel trim?

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a '22 preferred that I bought last May. Only have 3500 miles on it -- I was getting about 24.5 miles combined city/freeway (mainly city) last summer or so. Freeway mileage seemed to hover around 31-ish. However, I've noticed my mileage has dropped to around 21.8/22.3 the last couple of months, perhaps due to the colder weather. I typically use manual calcs, since I notice the dash mpg occasionally tends to differ from the display screen by approx 0.5. Hopefully it should do better when the weather warms up.

· Administrator
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive more than 60 miles a day M-F for work, just about all highway miles. The car is NA, my Sport averaged about 25 mpg doing the same drive consistently. So this is kind of a mystery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts