Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF U CAN CHANGE THE STOCK SHIFTER TO REPLACE WITH A AFTERMARKET (WOOD) SHIFTER, OR WILL THE HOLD BUTTOM GET IN THA WAY?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Every aftermarket shift knob I've ever seen says it is for single button shifters only. The Mil has two buttons so I don't know if you will able to find one... I've never really looked much though so give it a shot :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is possible. I don't know exactly what brand the guy used but from looking at the install he simply used a single button shifter and relocated the hold button to the flat part of the shifter ( down where it says P R N D 2 1). The knob was wood with a chrome shaft. The part with the gears P R N etc. was also chrome. Looked really good. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Ill97MIll@Aug 29 2002, 02:00 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF U CAN CHANGE THE STOCK SHIFTER TO REPLACE WITH A AFTERMARKET (WOOD) SHIFTER, OR WILL THE HOLD BUTTOM GET IN THA WAY?
If you have tan or gray leather interior in your Mil just replace your oem handle with an '01-'02 leather shifter. It should fit will little or know modifications.

Using an aftermarket handle entirely will definatley require good amount of fabrications to get things to fit decentley.

- Peace out

·
Registered
5 Posts
YES i believe you can... go to a Mazda dealership and tell them you have a Millenia and you would like to replace the gear shifter (they only come in automatic) with the woodgrain type from a Millenia S. Good luck! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts