Mazda World Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Looks like Mazda has a history of using Mitsubishi Electric Company electronics, as that ECM board shows. I noticed the headlight set, the key fob, and a few parts on the engine of my car were Mitsubishi Electric. I didn’t even think they made car parts outside of Mitsubishis.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
UPDATE>>>>>>>>>> Today, I went ahead and replaced the water thermo sensor.. Having the engine already "warmed up" couldn't really tell much other than the fact that the idle is somewhat irratic. It doesn't really stay at one speed and tends to go way up and then down. I'll know more later or tomorrow when I really try a cold start! If this doesn't work, I'm afraid my next step is to replace the gas pump and sending unit. It'll cost about $180 but I just don't have the time, the place nor patience to test things. Really getting tired of this stuff!!!!!!!

· Administrator
357 Posts
UPDATE>>>>>>>>>> Today, I went ahead and replaced the water thermo sensor.. Having the engine already "warmed up" couldn't really tell much other than the fact that the idle is somewhat irratic. It doesn't really stay at one speed and tends to go way up and then down. I'll know more later or tomorrow when I really try a cold start! If this doesn't work, I'm afraid my next step is to replace the gas pump and sending unit. It'll cost about $180 but I just don't have the time, the place nor patience to test things. Really getting tired of this stuff!!!!!!!
Sounds like at this point you are just throwing parts at it. Have you considered bringing it to a certified Mazda tech?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts