Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
My emblems are gold. Is there anything I can do to make them chrome or will I just need to buy chrome emblems? I know you can rechrome your rims... there's gotta be something like that for other shit, like my god damn emblems. Pleez advize. :x :x :x
:angry: :blink: :x :wacko: :angry: :blink: :x :wacko:
The little faces are kick ass.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If it was me, I'll get new chrome ones. That's just me. My gold ones are fading so sooner or later I'll pick up chrome ones. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
what's up fellow mill owner, i faced the same problem you are, my car was black with gold emblems, i bought some 18 inch shiners and said to myself i need to get rid of these gold emblems, both front and back, so i went to walmart and bought some spray paint, i chose the can with the shiniest silver cap on it, it did wonders and you can't tell that i did it, however i do have to touch it up every now and then, the rear emblems just pop out on my car, don't be too forceful on your car though, the front does not move, so with the front i just used a q-tip and painted it on, same thing when i touch up the rear, check out my work on cardomain, ([email protected] reppin da 757), peace

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, I also have a gold trim. Someone had stolen my trunk lid emblem, so I had to get a new one. However, the new emblem was silver, so I had to take to a local plating shop to have it gold plated. It was $45! It may get expensive if you want to replate all emblems.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well I did a similar thing to Migga... except I wanted to keep mine gold and used gold metallic spray paint. I didn't sand it or primer it and it turned out OK... but it wasn't glossy at all... luckily I only tried it on the Mazda logo... I just left the others as is. Best bet in that situation is to do what Giedrius said.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>_< >_< :wacko: :wacko:
$45! dayum. There's gotta be a better way. I'm gonna sell that car, soon so I might just have to say screw it. I'm definately gonna keep searching, though. thanx mayn
:huh: :eek: :eek: <_< :angry: :angry: :blink: :x :x :ph34r: :ph34r:

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
just strip the emblems man! it will look sooooo much better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[/QUOTE]i kno a better way! get a screw driver.. find a millenia with chrome and pry em off >_< .

What if he ends off prying your emblems off? (w00t)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do they look like if I try and actually do strip the chrome shit off?? Is it metallic or what?
:ph34r: :flowers: :wacko: :x :devil: :pir8: :zorro: :whistle: :ninja:

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
why the hell are you bringin back old threads

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
ya joints are off a 95 dub..and yea this thread is type old

·
Registered
1,877 Posts