Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody :)
My name is Sascha, im 35 years old and life in Austria (Middle Europe). Since 2 weeks im a Owner of a 929 HC from 1988.
It has ~ 215000km on the odometer, and "a bit of rust" underneath (typical spots on old mazdas)

Going to restore this sweet thing :)

Just want to say hello to the mazda community :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! I for one would love to see photos as the restoration moves along.
Hello CJ :),
jep i will post pictures of it.

1st Step is done - i removed all "Mudguards" from the bottom (Engine, Mudguards inside Fenders). We towed the car to a mazda dealer (my brother works there). He gave the 929 a complete underbody wash (a lot of dirt was stored behind the mudguards).

Now while searching for parts - the rust needs to be cleaned up, and it will be a welding sport :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Old school is cool.
Hello Fumbrate :)

Jep - pretty oldshool, first of all i was just searching for an oldy for some restoration work. my brother found the 929 close to our location for sale. when i was out for live viewing the car - it was just "Wow" - amazing long car, and what i mostly like is - it has edges :D its not a driving egg like nowadays new models

Charisma - it will take some work to get it clean back to the road - but its worth it i think :)

Best Regards
Sascha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welding Sport Competition haha :D

Here are some photos after i bought the car (without washing it underneath - which has already done now)

*Dont think "Rusteeeeze" can help me out here :D

Rear Spots, 2-3 Holes under the carpet

Inside the Rear Wheel Housings

This Part will kick my ass, to get it reconstructioned (there are 2-3 frame parts layed over each other")

No surprise here - well known spot of japanese cars

Owner before tried to "fix it" with some silicone and black grounding to "hide it" xD

Thats why i removed those mudprotections, underneath there are also some "rusty sea´s"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Fumbrate :)

Jep - pretty oldshool, first of all i was just searching for an oldy for some restoration work. my brother found the 929 close to our location for sale. when i was out for live viewing the car - it was just "Wow" - amazing long car, and what i mostly like is - it has edges :D its not a driving egg like nowadays new models

Charisma - it will take some work to get it clean back to the road - but its worth it i think :)

Best Regards
Sascha
It will be a lot of hardwork and money but like you said it will be worth it once you see it fully restored.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received a package today :)

Rear Spoiler/Trunk Lid from a Mazda 929 HD/HB.I asked the owner before i bought - if he can hold it on the 929 HC Trunk (he owns one) to get an idea about the look and feel.
and it seems pretty nice fit.

And its "normal" that the wing/spoiler/lid goes over the trunk surface on both sides (it seems to wide on this picture) - the installguide points out - that on both side, a "protection coat foil should be mounted"
so the rear wing / trunk lid, doesnt scratch up the sides :).

Well currently, other parts are more important - but what i´ve learned pretty fast owning a 929 - if there is something for sell, dont wait, you cant get those parts anymore haha :D

BTW: sorry for my bad english gramar :(

Here are the seller pics from the mazda trunk lid:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So new Updates:
Ordered some "japanese gimmik" - to get that japanese car feel :D
Something similar, with more japanese talk - when you switch ignition on: it starts speaking japanese.

Also: whats going on:
Got my rear "wing" - perfect condition (never mounted).

Now i got a info for sandblasting the car from below- but the "badass part" - everything must be removed - and i must use a car transport to deliver the car to the location.

More infos will follow - also got in contact with KSport for "Coilovers" - and "Custom Makes" beside RX7 Originals.

Also found on ebay - there are a cheap set of rx7 fc´s coilovers for arround 280€ full set - with 10kg front "load" springs, and rears with 8 - so beside that they have to been wind up full, it should have no problem on fronts with the weight of the 929.
But no Papers with it - so you cant legalize theme (at least here in austria / europe) they need papers about used materials, technical draws and much more -.-

Pictures will follow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts