Mazda World Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The handling is tight, it like night and day when compared to the old struts. It’s like it wants to drive itself. No I haven’t taken it to an alignment shop yet, not worried about the camber, that was my initial stetting and have a lot of adjustment left (both fnt and rear).

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Im feelin the ride height, I say you flip your rims and find some staggered lower offset wheels. Camber looks good up front too. Acceleration must feel better to now that you can plant the power better, amoung other things

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thats what I was thinking, I need 15mm in the rear and 10mm in the front. I was also thinking about keeping the 17'' front and going to 18'' in the rear. I just need to get rid of these wheels, they’re AR and I have a feeling I wont get as much as they’re worth.

Yea she grips, no more skiping in the rear.

Speed bump got my exhaust pipe today, have to be more carfull now.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Your deffinetly going to have to invest some dough if you would like some better fitting rims. Not so sure about 17/18, the 17 will look small up front; 18/19 well ya. Some 18x8 front/18x9 rear would be sic.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Have 17x8 right now. I kick my self in the ass all the time for not getting 18's.
I will go 18's when I get the cash, might go with spacers to make the ride look right untill then.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That looks great!

Last week i had the same set of coil overs fitted to my show 929 and my brothers 929.

i found it to ride a fair bit harder, but the handing has improved 110%.

this is how mine will sit for shows, sitting on bump stops.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That looks very good, what are the dimensions of the front rims?
Who rebuilt the coilovers? Local or overseas?

btw what's your spring rate and length on the front coils.

·
Registered
325 Posts
fronts are 19x8 i think, may be 19x9.

they were rebuilt in brisbane, apparently they werent in too bad condition, but while they were out i thought it would be a good idea.

no idea on spring rate, unless 'f***ing hard' is classed as a rate haha, when i play with them again i'll take some measurements.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Laughing, f***ing hard is the right word for the rate.
I got 8k stamped on the front springs (200mm) but the heavy ass bitch compresses them too much, just wondering if you have longer or maybe 10k springs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
where is the stamp located on the spring?

i'll probably muck around with mine during the week to see how it will look for the show on the weekend :)

the seems to acclerate faster as it doesnt squat down as much on take off, not much faster, but its noticeable.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The stamp is on the top of the spring (flat part, near the taper). Its in white paint and could be easly rubbed off or accidentally removed by solvents (one of the front springs was very hard to read).

21 - 32 of 32 Posts