Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Genuine Redline Weber 32/36 DGEV kit. You'll still likely to need to do some modifications, like a stronger return spring, sanding the adapter plates perfectly flat on a sheet of glass, etc.
Three things typically come to mind with a Weber 32/36 DGEV installation:
1. Was a thin coat of Permatex Aviation or similar used on all the gaskets for the adapters and bottom of carb? Were the mounting screws and bolts all torqued correctly? Did you use blue Loctite on their threads?

2. Did you plug the electric choke of the Weber into the rear of the alternator? If the bi-metallic spring doesn't get heat from the choke heater to open up the choke butterfly, the fuel:air mixture will be richer than it should be for a warm engine.

3. Are all the vacuum ports capped off with GOOD quality caps (or pieces of vacuum tubing and golf tees) ?

Making Weber adapters flat
"Lay out a sheet of 80 grit emery paper on a piece of glass the workbench, taped all 4 sides of it down, and ran both sides of both adapter plates back and forth on the sand paper until they were actually FLAT. From Redline, they were not even close to flat, though they seemed like they were. After taking off all of the high spots on both, I installed them one final time - and never had another problem with them again. No more vacuum leaks. No more nuts that wanted to loosen up. No more tedious re-seal jobs." And see attached file.

My own Weber 32/36 DGEV idle jets are 52 and 45.

Other resources

Attachments

· Registered
241 Posts
Does anyone know where to get the adapter plates from? Order the carb off Amazon,a 32/36 and it didn't come with adapter plates. Can't contact seller in any way.....
Got only a few days left to get this thing running and will overnight part if I can find it.
Any help would be great,does anybody have one that's used or anything? Contact me right away if possible...
[email protected]
Thanks
Redlineweber.com shows adapter plates available separately, you can contact them. However, I would return the Amazon one and get a genuine Redline Weber K675 kit. WEBER Carburetors distributed by Redline : Mazda

· Registered
241 Posts
You'll still likely to need to do some modifications, like a stronger return spring, sanding the adapter plates perfectly flat on a sheet of glass, etc.

Several things typically come to mind with a Weber 32/36 DGEV installation:
1. Was a thin coat of Permatex Aviation or similar used on all the gaskets for the adapters and bottom of carb? Were the mounting screws and bolts all torqued correctly? Did you use blue Loctite on their threads?

2. Did you plug the electric choke of the Weber into the rear of the alternator? If the bi-metallic spring doesn't get heat from the choke heater to open up the choke butterfly, the fuel:air mixture will be richer than it should be for a warm engine.

3. Are all the vacuum ports capped off with GOOD quality caps (or pieces of vacuum tubing and golf tees) ?

4. Did you get a stronger throttle return spring?

Making Weber adapters flat

"Lay out a sheet of 80 grit emery paper on a piece of glass the workbench, taped all 4 sides of it down, and ran both sides of both adapter plates back and forth on the sand paper until they were actually FLAT. From Redline, they were not even close to flat, though they seemed like they were. After taking off all of the high spots on both, I installed them one final time - and never had another problem with them again. No more vacuum leaks. No more nuts that wanted to loosen up. No more tedious re-seal jobs." And see attached file:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts