Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 that has decided to keep my key. The ignition won't immediately release the key when I put it in park. After about 15 to 20 minutes after I shut off the car I can remove the key. I took it to the dealer and they told me it might be the solenoid or the wiring from the shifter and that it would cost me around $400 to fix. So now I can't get my key out which is a big problem especially since my keyless remote broke about 4 years ago and I cant find my spare key. Any suggestions? Is the dealer trying to rip me off?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
spare keys are expensive man... done at the dealer. so are remotes ($200 or something I think.) look into getting an aftermarket alarm/keyless... probably cheaper than a replacement remote. I can't tell you if the dealer is trying to rip you off; check w/ somewhere else. I can tell you this; they are pretty much going to rip you off no matter what... or at least try to :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yea im kinda late, but incase u are still having the problem, i had a very similiar problem with my mom's camry. we took it to the dealer and was told that the daily usage of the key causes wear on the key, which in turn, misshapes the key and it soon becomes like trying to use a house key on ur car ignition. The dealer gave us a new, different key, and replaced the ignition. im not sure how much it cost though, sorry. Im pretty sure it wasn't too much though, under 200, since mom wasn't bitching about later. But you might want to take into consideration that the camry does not have a laser cut key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts