Mazda World Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alright. My Weber dgv 32/36 came in this morning. It's getting put on after I'm done making dinner for the kids. I did go with manual choke. Saved some money and I really don't mind having to choke it myself. And the heater under the factory carb should get tossed with the Nikki I assume right?? I did already shave the adapter down so I know it should fit. And has any of you ever made spacers for the carb to see if it helps it at all?? I was thinking about making an extra half inch spacer. I have chunks of aluminum laying around. And I also planned down the plates at work before I left also. And brought home some silicone just to be safe. After this carb install im done with upgrades for a little while. Except the shocks I already have for it. Now I can focus on finding a new bench seat. My kids love riding in it. So I want to keep bench or at least a 60/40 with an arm rest. Let me know if anyone has any ideas for seats. Thanks for you help guys. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well Weber is now installed. And holy crap it's a whole new truck!!! It's never ran so good. That Nikki has been junk for a long time apparently. Took only a few seconds of tuning and it sits there and idles and doesn't blow smoke from all the extra fuel. Purrs like a kitten. And has good power now. Very very impressed!! I went with the dgv had to put a manual choke cable inside but oh well. I just can't believe the night and day difference in the truck.

· Registered
194 Posts
Congrats! Now go drive it and enjoy it!!

You now know how bad those Nikki carbs can be when they are either worn out, or messed with by someone that has no idea what they were doing to it. Really glad you got your truck running well......that's what it is all about!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It's been running amazing and back to getting about 30mpg. 27-30 in all honesty. It's been amazing to get that back. Just put in new clutch master and slave cylinder. And I installed the Miata short shifter. Having some issues with the shifter right now. Sometimes it's hard to find first gear or once in first to get it out. I think I need to shave the sleeve a little more. Any ideas??

21 - 27 of 27 Posts