Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We both was coming back from see my friend, I was in front just testing out my hold button, I guess my buddy thought I was hyping him up so he stepped on it and came up on me, he switched lanes, pulled up next to me and began to rev his 2001 VR6, I smiled and before I could react he was out the blocks, I caught up easily, but our concern was the damn po pos, so for a little while we were just passing each other and then coming off the gas a little, we both knew as soon as we hit the mountains there would no cops, unfortunately for me when we arrived at the mountains he was in the front, so I had no other choice but to floor the damn thing and drop the gear to two for a little higher R.P.M. I got up on him and passed so easily it was a little shocking, I kept the speed up thinking he was making ground! When I looked in my rear view he was about 5-6 car lengths away and still slowly disappearing! Then I looked down at my speedometer and it read 125 (did not feel like it at all) LOL I slowed down and called him on his cell, he said, "when you passed me it felt like in was in reverse"! So there's one more person that has acquired a newly found respect for the Millenia!

·
Registered
45 Posts
do you have the s?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It has to be an S, the story would have been much different if it was not. S's have reallly good passing power... but 5-6 lengths? I'm not calling your bluff or anything but VR6 Golfs are fast as hell, maybe that guy just can't drive stick well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
anyone know what the non-s millenia runs in the 1/4??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
believe it or not....it's a 2.5 brand spanking new 2002 tho. his was a jetta vr6 2001 auto...I just plain old buss his ass..... car for car! no questions asked! feel my joy?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know what the non-s millenia runs in the 1/4??
I don't have need for speed so I really can't answer you question, sorry, the acceleration on the 2.5 can be a whole lot better but once it's up there it's gone!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts