Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about "downgrading" not wholly, but price wize in a sense, from my 2000 Acura TL to a Millenia S.

Some time ago (2 years or so) when I was looking at Millenias before, I found a body kit for sale for them on some website. Big NON-photoshopped pics. It was no sarona.com - anyone know ?? I can't find it - nor the pics, I dunno if they're on my old old computer or not.

BTW, hi :)


Also wondering:

Wheel spacing/offset on the S models?




Last edited by TommyBoiSxty9 at Sep 21 2002, 08:57 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9@Sep 21 2002, 08:52 PM
I've been thinking about "downgrading" not wholly, but price wize in a sense, from my 2000 Acura TL to a Millenia S.

Some time ago (2 years or so) when I was looking at Millenias before, I found a body kit for sale for them on some website. Big NON-photoshopped pics. It was no sarona.com - anyone know ?? I can't find it - nor the pics, I dunno if they're on my old old computer or not.

BTW, hi :)


Also wondering:

Wheel spacing/offset on the S models?
114.3 offset on the wheels :)

As per switching from the TL... you have to get to a dealer and drive the car (they are the same from 98-02 as far as engine/suspension goes), and that will be your best bet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I gotta find an S @ a dealer, they are rare as hell around here.

Don't even think the Mazda dealer has any new S' in stock

it's like
- how do you expect to sell cars w/ out examples


Ooooh 114.3 - same as my TL, i can use my snows lol. Whats the offset tho? I know my stock TL offset is +55mm I believe.

thanks again
~tommyBoi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9@Sep 21 2002, 10:32 PM
Yep I gotta find an S @ a dealer, they are rare as hell around here.

Don't even think the Mazda dealer has any new S' in stock

it's like
- how do you expect to sell cars w/ out examples


Ooooh 114.3 - same as my TL, i can use my snows lol. Whats the offset tho? I know my stock TL offset is +55mm I believe.

thanks again
~tommyBoi
If I'm not mistaken.. the TL rims should fit on the Millenia and vice versa without a hiccup.

But check around for that. If you need more info I'd check with tirerack and just compare em :) Easier that way.

By the way, if you can... please tell me where you found our site from in the Lounge.. there's a thread going for that :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
you being serious about changing to millenia, or u just being an @$$? just wondering. you can find S's usually on autotrader.com, and the dealers ive been to in florida have plenty, where u comin from?



Last edited by Styles P at Oct 1 2002, 09:10 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Styles P@Oct 1 2002, 09:09 PM
you being serious about changing to millenia, or u just being an @$$? just wondering. you can find S's usually on autotrader.com, and the dealers ive been to in florida have plenty, where u comin from?
No not being an ass!

I was looking at Millenias actually before when I bought my TL - the 60k expensive service scared me away partially though...

I'm still not sure, everytime I get back in my car I love it and I think I'd miss my 3.2L sweeeet ass V6 :(

Of course my wallets empty too, so <_<

I dunno, I'm keeping my options open though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
naw the 60k mileage service is bull. thats just jacked up dealer pricing. the only thing i would do at 60k is the transmission fluid change and maybe some new spark plugs. word is that the S models timing belt last up to 100k. im not sure tho, there was some speculation that this is reversed with the 2.5. either the 2.5 is 100k, or the S. anyone know for a fact?? the traction control on the S is definitly nicer than the TL, and the gas pedal is reaaallyy smooth. test drive the S and i bet you`ll notice it. the S is underestimated sometimes, till the person getss $m0ked. (w00t)



Last edited by Styles P at Oct 8 2002, 01:26 AM
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top