Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to change the spark plugs on a 98 Millenia S. Mainly the components to remove in order to get access to the plugs. My 60K tune-up is coming up and the local dealer is charging $312.00 to replace the plugs. I thought maybe I can do it myself.

I bought the Chilton repair manual, but it doesn't say too much about the plug replacement for the S models.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Changing the plugs makes a big difference in performance unforantely you should prob have a mechanic do it. It took my mechanic 4 hours to do mine. The front ones are easy but it took them 3 hours to do the back 3. It cost me 180 dollars plus i put double platnium in there so i wouldnt have to do it again anytime soon. Sorry to give you the bad news but i would rather spend the extra doe and have someone do it then me screw it up if you know what i mean.

Brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can do it yourself....I did all mine on my 2.5 in less then an hour. When you buy new plugs i recomend the bosch platnium +4. They are verry good plugs. Youjust need a long extension to get down the hole, a universal joint then a small extension. This made it a lot easier. Just make sre you change the wires too. I recomend good quality wires. It will help a lot and they last a lot longer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh man, let me tell you guys changing plugs on this car sucks!!! If you are going to do it yourself, plan on 3-4 hours of labour to do them. The small bolts holding the coils to the plugs are a real pain. They are easy to fall and get lost and hard to put back in place. I had to remove hose that was about 3/4" in diameter that runs from the valve cover to the intake, that was he key to getting access to some of the bolts holding the coils on. All i can say is small hands, tools (1/4" ratchet etc) and universal joints are necessary to complete this job.

Milan
sparkplugs? why that should only take a few minutes?????????????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts